RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know if anyone has hooked up any sort of monitor to their Gen3 Eco? I had the cs edge monitor on my 2015. I called them to see if it would work with my 2020 and was told " we haven't tested it on that particular platform but it should work". Those sort of answers do not fly well with me. So hoping one of you guys have tried it or using one to let me know.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
when the 2017 were finally released , after the EPA hold on them , I contacted EDGE about the CS2 and CTS2
not working as well as they did on the 2014 to 2016 trucks , they said they would get them to work with the new
different software in the 2017 '' in a couple of months '', it's been more than 2 years , and nothing was done for
the ecodiesel 2017 and newer trucks ........only a few Pids available compared to the 2014 to 2016 trucks .

I'm afraid you'll have to invest in the Torque Pro app , luckily it is not expensive , less than $10 for the app ,
and a dongle to plug in the OBDII , since 2018 there is some sort of firewall you'll need to go around to access the OBDII ,
the steps to follow are in the Torque Pro app thread , and in the Alfa OBD thread .

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
CTS2 connects but does not read any of the important PID's. I recently called EDGE and the guy said that they were working on it but I didn't get the impression that he was any kind of a rocket scientist so I wouldn't hold my breath.

For monitoring, Torque Pro and my OBDLink LX works great without any kind of bypass. I haven't had the need to try to reset a code so I cant tell you if that works.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,331 Posts
Would like to know if anyone has hooked up any sort of monitor to their Gen3 Eco? I had the cs edge monitor on my 2015. I called them to see if it would work with my 2020 and was told " we haven't tested it on that particular platform but it should work". Those sort of answers do not fly well with me. So hoping one of you guys have tried it or using one to let me know.
Thanks in advance.
1 - I changed my CTS2 to the CRS3 on my 2016 Eco. The 3 is faster, has better screens, better resolution, easier to use and cheaper.

2 - I called EDge about a CTS3 for my 2020 Cummins and got the same kind of answers as mentioned above. Bought it anyway and have been very satisfied. IMO the CTS3 will work fine on your 2020.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
1 - I changed my CTS2 to the CRS3 on my 2016 Eco. The 3 is faster, has better screens, better resolution, easier to use and cheaper.

2 - I called EDge about a CTS3 for my 2020 Cummins and got the same kind of answers as mentioned above. Bought it anyway and have been very satisfied. IMO the CTS3 will work fine on your 2020.
OK, I just located a CTS3 on Amazon Prime....a bit expensive but returnable so I think I'm going to try it, and if it works return it and buy from Edge if they still have the $200 upgrade deal.

Reactions: John Jensen
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.