RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have no way to determine if first owners have applied for compensation until an unexpected check arrives in the mailbox.
So far, I've seen nothing to indicate that any of you 2nd owners have received check number 2.
It's well past August 1st, the cut-off date for the original owners to apply.
I'm sure someone will post on here when the first check hits their mailbox.
I just figured I'd ask the question and maybe create a place where the question could be answered when the time comes.
Thanks for all the valuable information and the entertainment.
Jeff

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm an original owner - Purchased my EcoDiesel 06/23/2015.
I received the notification to submit my application on May 14, 2019. We were in the process of leaving for an extended vacation the following day, so I set it aside to be felt with immediately upon my return.
While traveling in eastern Canada, (Near Moncton, New Brunswick) my truck set a CEL, so I took it to the local dealer, who addressed the problem, and also said their records showed I needed to have the V08 update done, and they could do it while the truck was in their shop, so Had it done.
When I returned home, in July, I completed the required FCA claim forms and sent them along with the required supporting documentation, via USPS Priority Mail on July 26, 2019. USPS tracking confirmed delivery to FCA on 07/30/2019.
I have, to this date, heard nothing further from FCA.
When I receive my check, or if I have any further communication from FCA, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I called the number 833-280-4748 from the ecodiesel settlement website, which seems to be a regular FCA customer service number. Anyway...they were able to confirm that I'm the only one that filed a claim on my VIN...there is no record of the original lessee making a claim, and she said even if they tried, that the expiration date has long since passed and they'd be denied.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called the number, too.
It can be challenging to get someone to understand a simple question...
Ultimately, she did confirm that there were no secondary claims for my truck.
She also added that it could take up to 90 days to process those checks.
I have yet to hear of anyone receiving a second check, so that rings true.
Hopefully, I'll be receiving another $600.00 soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got both 1st checks in 3-4 weeks from final approval... I'm like you, waiting for that next round of fun $$. Although, the performance sucks since the AEM. I did change the fuel filter in the Ram & it "seems" to be running better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am still waiting on my first check after submitting on 17June2019, I am the second owner of the truck and would hope that the first owner did not submit a claim. This 90 day wait is a line of crap.... so I will still be checking the site every few days. FCA is holding the money as long as they can.

As for the modification, it has really slowed my truck down and the turbo lag is very unpleasant as is the mileage issues that came with it.

Greg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't feel bad, I filed on May 15 and just yesterday got through the process EXCEPT for getting the check mailed. This is the message up on my check mailing status. "We are currently processing your settlement check and will mail the check to you within six weeks".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's worth mentioning that I chose to have 2 checks, First one assuming the first owner would come forward, then the balance.
If I chose to wait for the full amount, I'd be waiting for the deadline and processing of the first owners before getting anything.
Does that explain why some of you have not been paid at all?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got off the phone with the 833-280-4748 number. The rep said last week, the original owner deadline was extended to August 31 and that I could call back after that. She said she couldnt disclose whether or not the original owner made a claim or not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got off the phone with the 833-280-4748 number. The rep said last week, the original owner deadline was extended to August 31 and that I could call back after that. She said she couldnt disclose whether or not the original owner made a claim or not.
interesting since nothing was sent to owners & settlement website still indicates Aug 1st deadline for original owners...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I submitted May 28th via the website and received email confirmation. I am the second owner of the truck.

When I track my claim on the website, it is still showing "Claim Submitted" and "Document Package Complete". It also says:

"Your claim has been successfully submitted and will now be reviewed to make sure it is complete. We will contact you if we need any further information. Once we confirm your submission is complete, we will determine your eligibility."

I have not signed their post-approval contract yet, so I guess I shouldn't even be expecting a check in the mail? Any info appreciated.

The biggest question I have, is if it is ok for me to sell the truck? Does anyone know if I will run into problems getting the check from FCA, if I sell the truck? My gut instinct is no because I have all the paperwork etc, but would appreciate any insight.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The rep I spoke to in August said she didn't see evidence of another claim, so I'm hoping I'll get the second check.
She did not mention the extended deadline.
I'm guessing that no one has received anything yet or it would have been mentioned here.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
33 Posts

interesting since nothing was sent to owners & settlement website still indicates Aug 1st deadline for original owners...
I just called the number again...NOW IT IS PUSHED TO 9/30!!! They said because of so many backlogged cases they extended it again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just called the number again...NOW IT IS PUSHED TO 9/30!!! They said because of so many backlogged cases they extended it again.
Yeeeup... 9/30. :mad: & then wait 4-6 weeks for receiving check.

Person I talked to indicated neither previous owner has made claim... yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had my paperwork in and all completed by May 26. Still waiting on my check. When I called they said they were still processing the May checks. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's been 5 weeks since the end of the extended application period for former owners to apply.
I've heard nothing about anyone receiving the second check.
I understand that we have no way of knowing whether first owners have applied or qualified, leaving us to trust that we'll get paid.
They couldn't just forget all of those second payments without raising a bit of suspicion among us.
Unfortunately, I don't know what recourse we have to inquire about it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts