RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I haven't received the 2nd check either. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will ?

I haven't called to ask if the first owner had submitted. Figured I'd just wait and hope for the best. Would be a nice Xmas bonus if it did come though. ??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just an update. I called them again today and the new deadline for original owners is 10/31/2019. She also mentioned that they will have to go through the mail so checks may not be release until March 2020. She also could not tell me if the original owner of my truck submitted anything. Man does FCA have issues!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anyone call to see if they put another delay in for second checks?? (Yeah, I'm too lazy to call myself...)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just got thru to a person... said original owners deadline is extended to end of November. Too many complaints from original owners on time to file claim compared to current owners. What a joke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This has been a huge fiasco. Received the notice, scheduled the software upgrade and was completed on 24 June. Submitted all the paperwork, nothing for weeks. Kept checking the website and only said packet received. Finally in August we get an e-mail saying our registration was outdated. Yes, it was renewed in late July. How long does it take to review the paperwork? Now today, received another e-mail saying I have not submitted the paperwork showing the APM upgrade. This was done on 24 June and the dealership said I did not need to submit the paperwork as they would via computer work order. It seems to be one hurdle after another. Submitted the APM paperwork today. Not the Customer Service Dodge Ram Chrysler likes to tout. The dealership was excellent to work with, Corporate not so much. Will keep checking the website and maybe one day the settlement check will come thru - or I will get an e-mail about another document needed... Good to hear if someone has actually received the check... beginning to believe this is my Unicorn... (doesn't really exist)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just got thru to a person... said original owners deadline is extended to end of November. Too many complaints from original owners on time to file claim compared to current owners. What a joke.
I guess ot depends on who answers. I was told that the deadline was Oct. 31st and since they can see that the original owner didn't submit a claim that I can expect a 2nd check in the mail. ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess ot depends on who answers. I was told that the deadline was Oct. 31st and since they can see that the original owner didn't submit a claim that I can expect a 2nd check in the mail. ?
They extended it again to end of November... I anticipate at this rate it will get extended every month until February 2021 (same date as current owners).

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Mention of the deadline extended to end of November in this thread :
also possibility that the dealine be extended even further.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am an idiot and asked for a lump sum as a second owner, I completed everything end of May and my paperwork/offer letter was accepted on September 23. No check, previous owner has no submit anything. Just got off the phone with my case manager and she said that Nov 30th is as of right now their final extension, which makes sense because with continuing extension that gives a chance for them having to pay out more. So after Nov 30th, according to my case manager, is when the 6-8 week waiting period starts for people like me and the smart people like y'all who asked for 2 checks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was also told a while back that the first owner had not submitted a claim.
I now understand that this may not be accurate.
First claims have simply not been addressed in a timely fashion.
I chose 2 checks. It seemed like an easy decision since the first owner claim was unknown to me.
The decision gets better every time they extend the window...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I spoke with one of the attorneys last week. She indicated the original date has NOT been extended. Attorneys were aware of the "extended" date. The date that the settlement folks keep throwing out is an INTERNAL date to work thru original ED owner submissions. They are trying to get caught up on original owner submissions by the date(s) we keep getting told.

There is a thread to contact the attorneys. I'll update some additional in that thread.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That could work in our favor.
If the original deadline applied to first owner applicants and we're waiting for an extension only in the processing of those claims, at least the door has closed for first owners to decide to jump in.
Still, for those like me that are waiting, the result is the same.
We still don't know if owner #1 came forward and we still don't have our second checks...
No surprises...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Called the FCA yesterday, 1st owner did not file anything, but she was not sure if the deadline was extended yet again for 1st owners. She said a bunch of checks were cut this Monday the 2nd. So here's to hoping I get my free $3k soon

·
Registered
186 Posts
Called the FCA yesterday, 1st owner did not file anything, but she was not sure if the deadline was extended yet again for 1st owners. She said a bunch of checks were cut this Monday the 2nd. So here's to hoping I get my free $3k soon
Deadline has not been extended per attorney. The deadline we keep getting told is an internal deadline to get original owner checks out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So the Nov 30 deadline to file is the final deadline. No more?
I was told it was an internal deadline of FCA to push thru the original owner submissions. What I gather is that more original owners submitted thru snail mail causing more work for those verifying all the info is there & correct.

I was told the website would update if 2nd check is sent out.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts