RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks to those of you who keep pushing for updated information.
Seems like they'd forget us if there was no one watching...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm beginning to think that this issue will quietly disappear.
Plenty of extra cash remains in their pockets.
We have no way to force FCA to acknowledge applications from first owners.
This is a big flaw in the claims process. I knew that opting for one check instead of two would have been a stupid choice.
The original deadline passed 3 1/2 months ago and there has been absolutely no hint that a first owner claim has been processed.
Not one class member has received a second check, to my knowledge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had an in depth conversation about this recently with FCA:

<name omitted> (12/10/2019, 12:14:11 PM): Hi, my name is <name omitted> with FCA Customer Care, how can i help you ?
Me (12/10/2019, 12:14:34 PM): Hello, I was just inquiring on when the second settlement check for my truck will be sent out.
<name omitted> (12/10/2019, 12:20:40 PM): 2nd checks havent been processed yet, we still have to process all mailed in claims from Aug to Oct, so it will be a few months

I was also able to confirm no other claim was submitted for my VIN... however it could be in the claims from Aug to Oct pile...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wow, months.
I guess there is nothing pushing them to do any better.
Why not years?
They can continue to make the same claim forever.
Thanks for looking into it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This appears to be a part of the claim process with no outside controls.
It's beginning to look like there's no incentive to resolve this and that the money may never be distributed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Contact [email protected] with your case number, the day approx your paperwork has been accepted, case managers name if you have it, and state that its been well over the 6-8 week timeline. That is what I was just instructed to do.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Let us know if this gets you any closer to resolution.
Thanks.
The ecodiesel settlement admin people replied to my email in less the 24 hours, very refreshing response time when compared to the FCA people. They stated my check is scheduled to be mailed on Jan 13th and if I don't get it by Feb 12th to let them know. Kind of odd giving USPS 30 days to deliver a envelope, we'll see......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks, it will be good to see this moving forward.
Hopefully, that will include another check in my mailbox too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The ecodiesel settlement admin people replied to my email in less the 24 hours, very refreshing response time when compared to the FCA people. They stated my check is scheduled to be mailed on Jan 13th and if I don't get it by Feb 12th to let them know. Kind of odd giving USPS 30 days to deliver a envelope, we'll see......
that’s what they said to me also, so we will see what happens in the next few weeks. I changed from 1 check to 2, and was told it’s being sent out today for the first part. No date for the second check since they had “22k offers” to go through

·
Registered
35 Posts
Green check mark!!

"Fiat Chrysler has sent your settlement check to the mailing address listed on your claim form. As you requested, we have sent partial payment now and will send a subsequent check if it is later determined that no eligible former owner or former lessee has made a valid claim related to your vehicle."

·
Registered
152 Posts
First check came today, just a week after emailing [email protected] with my complaint on how FCA is handling my claim. The check stub stated I would receive the second check for $615 after August 1, 2019. So it's already been 6 months, what a cluster #&!#@.

·
Registered
35 Posts
First check came today, just a week after emailing [email protected] with my complaint on how FCA is handling my claim. The check stub stated I would receive the second check for $615 after August 1, 2019. So it's already been 6 months, what a cluster #&!#@.
Wait your first check came a week after? I still haven't received mine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Still waiting for the first check. I had to get the lawyers involved after waiting for over 8 months, and now, while the lawyers say that FCA has cleared my paperwork, the "Track Claim" web site now doesn't even show my status as it just keeps showing the trying to load circling with no end result. What a mess FCA is.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yesterday, I wrote to [email protected] to ask about my second payment.
Today I received a call from them.
The person who called me, Allie, was very nice.
She told me that the second checks will begin to come out mid February. She couldn’t tell me anything about the first owner or if there was a claim.
Second checks were delayed because FCA didn’t hire enough people to process the snail mail submissions.
Anyway, expect checks to be mailed between mid February and mid March.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yesterday, I wrote to [email protected] to ask about my second payment.
Today I received a call from them.
The person who called me, Allie, was very nice.
She told me that the second checks will begin to come out mid February. She couldn’t tell me anything about the first owner or if there was a claim.
Second checks were delayed because FCA didn’t hire enough people to process the snail mail submissions.
Anyway, expect checks to be mailed between mid February and mid March.
Ok ok, but Feb/March of 2020 or 2021....

41 - 60 of 98 Posts