RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering a Laramie diesel. My current Laramie has the fold down middle seat. I use it on occasion and I find it more comfortable than a console. Has anyone seen this or would I have to order one?

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Sure agree with you. That console is a pain in the elbow.

I have the bench in my Tradesman. Don't know if it's offered in the Laramie. Find out and order if you can. Think there's some kind of "status" thing associated with a dual console and the higher-end models.

Another example of how often status is like stupid.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have been considering a Laramie diesel. My current Laramie has the fold down middle seat. I use it on occasion and I find it more comfortable than a console. Has anyone seen this or would I have to order one?
The Laramie comes standard with the leather front bench seat, the bucket seats with console is an option. I ordered mine with the bench up front for the same reason you described. My truck is scheduled for delivery May 26th. I'll post some pics when I get it. I personally haven't seen one with the standard leather bench yet.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
When I ordered mine... the bench wasn't available. That's why I wound up with a BigHorn. I love the functionality of the bench, and the open feel, without all that plastic in the middle. Besides... the Ram "Bench Seat" really isn't a bench. It's 2 shallow (non-sport) buckets, and a center section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes it is power on both sides in the Laramie. Got one with the 40/20/40 in my driveway. All 3 dealerships I talked to did not want to order it with the bench seat since they were concerned about me changing my mind and them getting stuck with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just put down a deposit on an order for a Laramie CC with a bench... It's comfortable and much better than driving a second vehicle when you need that 6th person along.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My Laramie has came std with two leather buckets with a middle seat with fold down arm rest. A smaller person fit there nicely. Both bucket seats are heated/cooled and power.

·
Registered
37 Posts
With the bench, where are the cup holders and the external media connections? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cup holders,(3) in arm rest/back that comes down. There is stager compartment in arm rest with USB/aux and 12v.
There is a second storage compartment under the seat portion. I have a CD player there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ordered the 40/20/40 bench for my Laramie as well and love it.I needed the seating for 6 option once in awhile.The soft,padded leather is easy on the elbow when the centers down.It also works good to discourage my dog from crawling into the front seat when I remember to fold it up before letting him in.For this reason he preferred the console in my last truck.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That gives you a hell of a lot more room that the stack console that I have!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was just thinking about this, and aren't you most likely going to be over your max payload capacity with 6 people in the truck? The Laramie trim, crew cab 4x4 with only standard options has a max payload of 1,064lbs according to RAM's website. 6 adults at 200lbs each would put you at 1,200lbs. I'm not saying that it's terrible to go over payload every once in a while, but I just got to thinking about our small payload capacity when people mentioned being able to fit 6 people with the front bench seat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the diesel Laramie knowing that my occasional 6 person load would most likely put me over the recommended payload by about 200lbs.I also have the air ride and while it doesn't increase the pay load cap,it does inflate to carry the load flat and firm.Over the roughest,twistiest road that shouldn't be posted at 50mph,the truck never let me know it was over loaded.It never leaned in corners or bottomed out on frost heaves and I'd feel confident to go anywhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well...bad news. My truck order has been cancelled. I ordered a Laramie with a bench seat and was told yesterday that the bench seat has been discontinued and I DO NOT want bucket seats...

Has anyone heard this too?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ordered a bench seat and haven't heard anything yet regarding any problems... My order had been edited but not yet scheduled for build.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I really hope yours goes through. I'm not sure what to do now... It looks like I may have to wait until the '15 comes out. This doesn't make sense! wtf? Why all of a sudden no more bench seats?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I worked up a Laramie order today at the dealer and could have had the bench. You should try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts