RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just going through my newly purchased 2016 eco diesels EGR system and wondering if it has been replaced for the recall or not. The trucks engine blew and was replaced at the factory with a new engineer but the dealership couldn’t tell me if the EGR had been replaced. I have exposed the EGR system and the only tag I could find on it was the Delletora tag. From other threads I believe that this shows the build date to be February 24th, 2020 (200224) (I could be wrong on this).
Could anyone confirm if this confirms that the EGR system has been updated (from the warranty recall)?

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
143 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, DieselDog77!
It has been speculated that those numbers you're referring to are in fact the manufacturing date. I believe they are, simply by comparison of different stickers, many of which have same numbers, but different date number.
According to that, yes, your EGR is updated. But I am not an authority on that, neither do I work for Stellanis/FCA.
If the dealer could not confirm that, then I'm not sure who could.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
No idea what the difference is between HT and 6, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. Could be a re-manufactured original EGR?...Below is a picture of the original EGR that was replaced on my '16. It has the EGM 6 code on it.

Original EGR 2016.jpg

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Here is the replacement on my 2014.
egr cooler.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts