·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've used a similar tune for a Hemi powered 300c. If it is like the one I'm used to, one advantage is that you can revert to stock before going to the dealer, then revert back after the dealer visit.

Edit: what I meant to say is you can mod the ECM before going off-road, then go back to stock for on road. Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
But they won't ship to California.
Who does? lol

Looks like the same programmer I have for my trans tune, and many other tuners supply to their customers.

The tune description sounds remarkably close to the GDE hot tune ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see HD Diesel Supply has a new tune (3/10/2020), using a "re-flash" device. I didn't see anyone yet comment on it. Guess I'll be the guinea pig, as I just ordered one.
Keep us posted on how it works to set up. I'm guessing they're going the route of SKT or MrTuning if people are reluctant to risk messing with the ECM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like this is the route I will be going if I buy used. The one I’m considering is a 2015 with 56k miles on it. I’ve priced extended warranties and the best I can get from Chrysler is a 5 year 75k miles. Maxcare quoted at over 4K, advanced care almost 3k. I’d rather spend the money on a tune.

Reactions: timmytime

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after I ordered, I was contacted by HD Supply. For what ever reason, they don't take credit cards over the internet, only by phone, so that was the reason for their call. They said it will be about a week to 10 days before they will ship. I asked about dealer flashes: they said if it is tuned when its flashed, you loose the tune, BUT, just turn it back to stock with the device first, then the dealer can do what they want with the ECM, and you can just re-tune after you get it back from the dealer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like this is the route I will be going if I buy used. The one I’m considering is a 2015 with 56k miles on it. I’ve priced extended warranties and the best I can get from Chrysler is a 5 year 75k miles. Maxcare quoted at over 4K, advanced care almost 3k. I’d rather spend the money on a tune.
That's why I'm getting it. I could care less about power (or I should say, I don't care about power for acceleration...power for towing, yes I care), I DO care about longevity, and I think the tune would keep the oil clean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Along with the shipping information, HD Diesel sent the instructions. 13 pages worth, which sounds daunting, but after reading it doesn't seem too bad.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
can you post those instructions , in a PDF file , or a www link ??
always interesting to read those instructions no matter who the tuner is ...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
^^^ Good idea

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interested as well, this is what I plan to do if/when I get one

·
Registered
333 Posts
Please post up if this actually disables the EGR.
I got ours GDE tuned to disable the EGR when it had less than 1000 miles on it, not for performance but for longevity.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Like said above GDE has spoke in the past about coming out with emissions compliant tunes... to me that means the EGR remains active. This is advertised as emissions intact, is that the same as emissions compliant?

·
Registered
333 Posts
if so then I wouldn't go for it, but that's just me. I'd spend the money on a EGR delete kit and deal with the eternal check engine light.
I've seen what the EGR diffuser tubes and intake look like at 30k with active EGR and it's nasty.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts