RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They have two models. The one I got disables the EGR to closed but you still need DEF, the other deletes it all.

·
Registered
285 Posts
They have two models. The one I got disables the EGR to closed but you still need DEF, the other deletes it all.
How are they allowed to sell that?
Doesn't seem EPA compliant.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So they ship to the US?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Like said above GDE has spoke in the past about coming out with emissions compliant tunes... to me that means the EGR remains active. This is advertised as emissions intact, is that the same as emissions compliant?
No, not the same. Intact and compliant are different.

Compliant is always intact. Intact is not always compliant.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well the tuner arrived today, but I'm getting an error before even hooking it up to the truck. I've emailed HDDS, and I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well the tuner arrived today, but I'm getting an error before even hooking it up to the truck. I've emailed HDDS, and I'll keep everyone posted.
Have you connected it to your computer and installed the software? The device might need to be updated. Its I believe the same device SFT uses for both engine and trans tunes and the device GDE used for their trans tunes. It required updated firmware when I first received my device.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Have you connected it to your computer and installed the software? The device might need to be updated. Its I believe the same device SFT uses for both engine and trans tunes and the device GDE used for their trans tunes. It required updated firmware when I first received my device.
Yes. It is getting an error as it attempts to update. I've tried it on my desktop and my laptop, no luck. HD Diesel has "opened a ticket"...they've had me try all kinds of things, but still doesn't work...sigh...this is why you should never own the first of anything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well, so far, they are not being helpful at all, and their customer assistance just keeps repeating "run the app as an administrator" (which I am). At this point, the clock is ticking before I ask for a refund, and if I do I'm warning others to stay away. BTW, I'm no computer shlub, and as I said in post #4, this isn't my first time with an Alientech Powergate programmer. Quite disappointing.

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
What is your issue with the flash tool? Are you not able to have the software load on the pc and link the tool? The powergate is used on many vehicle applications and the tool itself is stable. We use that tool on many applications.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What is your issue with the flash tool? Are you not able to have the software load on the pc and link the tool? The powergate is used on many vehicle applications and the tool itself is stable. We use that tool on many applications.
After installing the app, I've attempted to update the tool numerous times. Every time I get the same error message at the same point "FILELEN_WRONG". Here is a screen shot:

ss.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I still haven't heard back from HDDS...but I think I've figured out the problem all on my own. Both my desktop and my laptop are rather high-end computers, with multiple SS USB ports. I tried running the programmer through one of the non-SS / normal USB ports and voila, problem gone. Now on to the next step...

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Well , you've got interesing stuff to do to occupy your brain while in quarantine ,
when you say SS USB ports , do you mean USB 3.0 , and regular ports are USB 2.0 ports ??
Good Luck , get that tune installed and enjoy the truck for many hundreds of thousands of miles . (y)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well , you've got interesing stuff to do to occupy your brain while in quarantine ,
when you say SS USB ports , do you mean USB 3.0 , and regular ports are USB 2.0 ports ??
Good Luck , get that tune installed and enjoy the truck for many hundreds of thousands of miles . (y)
Yes, SS=3.0 (mine are 3.2)
Regular = 2.0

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I followed the directions and it seemed to work, with one exception: they said there would be an engine code for the first five starts, but I have no code. I have only run it in my driveway at this point, as I have no where to go / coronavirus lock-down has me shut in right now, so I haven't had a test run yet.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Where are you that you're shut in? We have a stay home order but can still run essential errands.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts