RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ecodiesel Laramie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to purchase a tune right now for a 2017 Ecodiesel 3.92 gears, which route would you go? Pre-owned GDE tune or HD Diesel Supply?

Thanks for your opinions!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
New HD , Reasons you don’t know which tune you’re buying if it’s a used GDE, Because GDE kept upgrading and fixing little bugs along the way with the tuning.... My early GDE tune would occasionally throw a pesky cel , I didn’t bother sending it back, was easy enough to just erase cel with my Edge...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The tunes would be nearly identical, might come down to which options you want with your tune like regen msg, high idle, turbo brake. Cost could come into play as well.

·
Registered
2017 Ecodiesel Laramie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, @Bounty Hunter .....how critical is it to get the right year in your opinion? I have a 2017.....I think I have read you can put anything from a 2014 on in a 2017 model without issue....is that correct?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Thanks, @Bounty Hunter .....how critical is it to get the right year in your opinion? I have a 2017.....I think I have read you can put anything from a 2014 on in a 2017 model without issue....is that correct?
Yes, that's my understanding as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts