RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using their emissions compliant tune? I’m looking for feed back. I spoke with them earlier after a confusing email and was left even more confused. I was under the impression that it was a GDE tune but the email didn’t sound promising.
DE66B64D-DE18-434D-BB5B-4383FBD4972D.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you think HD does not sound promising or confusing then you better not try to get ahold of SFT. I have researched 3.0 tunes for a couple months and HD has bar far the most/best information about their product I've seen yet. These guys sound extremely promising to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you think HD does not sound promising or confusing then you better not try to get ahold of SFT. I have researched 3.0 tunes for a couple months and HD has bar far the most/best information about their product I've seen yet. These guys sound extremely promising to me.
What research have you done for HD?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What research have you done for HD?
Limited conversations with a couple individuals with the tune, a few truck forums with HD as the topic and reading their in depth description on their site detailing exactly what their tune does and does not do along with other options. And also like the fact you can call and talk to someone. I have called SFT more times than i can count (40+) and never once answered the phone. I have sent emails and typically have to wait 5 days or more for a reply which leads to more questions that i have to wait yet again for another reply. SFT may have a good tune but i challenge anyone to call and see if you get someone to answer. I even left a message saying "i want the trans and engine tune" call me, nothing back ?? It would be impossible to get any troubleshooting help (if needed). In the end, i am just looking for an engine/trans tune from a reliable source.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the HD Diesel Tune since Thanksgiving and it is a vast improvement over the stock ECU. It was expensive, but I see the value of not recirculating exhaust back into the engine. My suggestion is not over think it! Either just buy it or leave it alone and be done with it. Just my opinion.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the HD Diesel Tune since Thanksgiving and it is a vast improvement over the stock ECU. It was expensive, but I see the value of not recirculating exhaust back into the engine. My suggestion is not over think it! Either just buy it or leave it alone and be done with it. Just my opinion.....
I agree (y)

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
SFT may have a good tune but i challenge anyone to call and see if you get someone to answer.
I challenge anyone to prove they have a good tune lol. And 'works fine for me' isn't proof.

Reactions: FCAEMPLOYEE

·
Registered
49 Posts
I challenge anyone to prove they have a good tune lol. And 'works fine for me' isn't proof.
I agree. I don't have anyone's tune right now, i have just been talking to vendors and reading posts from people that have different tunes and talking to people that have different tunes. My challenge still stands to call SFT and try to talk to a person. I was not joking when i said i have called them 40+ times without a single answer. At the end of the day i am going to go with GDE's recommendation of HD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I am new to be forum and I just wanted to clear up the regen question on the intact tune from HD Diesel. I have had the tune installed since November 2019 with a 2017 Ram EcoDiesel 4x4 and the regens have been 680 Miles, 480 Miles (all city driving) and currently at 571 mile at 72%. I monitor the regens with the Torque Pro Amp. I also was told that it would cause more regens, but that just has not been the case.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts