RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 262,000 KM.
Or maybe the Canadian equivalent of the EPA has taken over.....Lol...:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

They're probably just busy leading the Freedom protests snarling our cities.

Premium Member
Or maybe the Canadian equivalent of the EPA has taken over.....Lol...:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
The EPA, by law, can criminally prosecute foreign nationals through a process called extraterritorial jurisdiction. HD Supply knowingly sold illegal tunes to U.S. residents which is a federal crime.

Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
The EPA, by law, can criminally prosecute foreign nationals through a process called extraterritorial jurisdiction. HD Supply knowingly sold illegal tunes to U.S. residents which is a federal crime.
If it was our EPA I hope they don't have the other Canadian tuner in their sights

Premium Member
If it was our EPA I hope they don't have the other Canadian tuner in their sights
If you understand the connection between GDE and HD Diesel, then it might make more sense why HD would be next in line.

Reactions: John Jensen

Registered
If you understand the connection between GDE and HD Diesel, then it might make more sense why HD would be next in line.
Makes sense. If correct, what about GDE consistently denying any affiliation or connection.

Premium Member
Makes sense. If correct, what about GDE consistently denying any affiliation or connection.
I would think it's possible to sell software and rid yourself of any affiliation or connection. For example, if I sell you a gun and you murder someone with that gun two years later, I have no affiliation or connection to the murder.

• Haha
Reactions: malquid

Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
I would think it's possible to sell software and rid yourself of any affiliation or connection. For example, if I sell you a gun and you murder someone with that gun two years later, I have no affiliation or connection to the murder.
Don't tell that to the insurance company that represented Remington Arms. They lost a 7.2 million dollar lawsuit over a rifle they marketed that was NOT used in a school shooting. The rifle was left in a car in the parking lot and the criminal used some handguns.

Premium Member
Sandy Hook families reach $73M settlement with gun maker. Read all about it.
Don't tell that to the insurance company that represented Remington Arms. They lost a 7.2 million dollar lawsuit over a rifle they marketed that was NOT used in a school shooting. The rifle was left in a car in the parking lot and the criminal used some handguns.
That's very true, but the person who sold the gun wasn't held accountable for it. In both cases, the manufacturer was held accountable for it. Sadly.

Registered
That's very true, but the person who sold the gun wasn't held accountable for it. In both cases, the manufacturer was held accountable for it. Sadly.
Yesterday, the person who sold the gun wasn't accountable for it. Keep the woke in power, and tomorrow the person who sold the gun will be accountable for it. Vote in November!

Premium Member

Registered
I will send you a PM. In the meantime, I will share this post:
I agree. If you google HDDS phone or address you鈥檒l find several different Auto Parts/Service businesses associated with them. I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 a real business just someone pushing someone else鈥檚 products through there, to get around the EPA. Which is fine, except now they鈥檝e pulled the plug and left some of us hanging.

Registered
I am hoping anyone can help me out. Long story short my 2015 Ecodiesel keeps pooping a "P2138 accelerator pedal position sensor 1/2 correlation". According to shopkeypro, after testing the APP senor wires the next step is to replace the PCM. I have replaced the accelerator pedal senor twice with the same results. Yesterday, I order a salved PCM and tried to reach out to HD supply and discovered they are no longer in business. I also purchased the alfaOBD to update the VIN and injectors. My question is, once I update the salved PCM with the VIN and injector information, how do I update the new PCM with the handheld device I got from HD Supply?

I am completely deleted.

Premium Member
I am hoping anyone can help me out. Long story short my 2015 Ecodiesel keeps pooping a "P2138 accelerator pedal position sensor 1/2 correlation". According to shopkeypro, after testing the APP senor wires the next step is to replace the PCM. I have replaced the accelerator pedal senor twice with the same results. Yesterday, I order a salved PCM and tried to reach out to HD supply and discovered they are no longer in business. I also purchased the alfaOBD to update the VIN and injectors. My question is, once I update the salved PCM with the VIN and injector information, how do I update the new PCM with the handheld device I got from HD Supply?

I am completely deleted.
You dont at that point you well need a new tuner. But you could use the newish ECM to test if its actually the ECM or not. Its more likely a wiring issue.

Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel

I am completely deleted.
Unless you can find someone to clone your current HDDS tune, or get a similar tune from someone with a GDE etc, you're going to have to physically revert your truck back to stock. Or your new ECU will send out all sorts of bad signals and codes.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts