RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Good lord is that expensive. I mean you can get a full cap (topper) with windows, doors etc. for a grand less.

It may be good but that thing looks to be overpriced maybe by 400% in today's market.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever try to carry 1400 lbs on top of a cab topper? I don't think I have ever seen one able to do that, but if you might point me in the right direction, It would be great. I keep sliding tool trays in the bed of the truck and just tired of having them get wet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Snugtop was $2100. and Snugtop has a lot of options for their caps, including a yakima rack for the top. I'm not sure about the load capacity, or the cost though. but at the very least it's an option, and would give you extra storage under the cap compared to the toneau cover. but likely more difficult to load/unload items on the rack.

yakima.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Snugtop was $2100. and Snugtop has a lot of options for their caps, including a yakima rack for the top. I'm not sure about the load capacity, or the cost though. but at the very least it's an option, and would give you extra storage under the cap compared to the toneau cover. but likely more difficult to load/unload items on the rack.

View attachment 81546
Appreciate it. Not sure I can put 35 bags of quickcreke at 40 lbs each on top of any caps. And your right, to get them up there and then down would not be easy. Thanks though

·
Administrator
8,299 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/covers

might check these out too. I got mine after my buddy had his for 6 months. Very well made and offered in two strengths. I opted for the one that holds 400# on top (called the SE) and they offer one that will withstand 1,600# (called the HD). I am VERY happy with the quality of the cover. I have driven through the car wash at least 5 times now and no water inside upon exiting the wash. I did install a foam tailgate seal strip which may be helping. Lifetime warranty and made in the USA if that's important to you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/covers

might check these out too. I got mine after my buddy had his for 6 months. Very well made and offered in two strengths. I opted for the one that holds 400# on top (called the SE) and they offer one that will withstand 1,600# (called the HD). I am VERY happy with the quality of the cover. I have driven through the car wash at least 5 times now and no water inside upon exiting the wash. I did install a foam tailgate seal strip which may be helping. Lifetime warranty and made in the USA if that's important to you.
Thanks. That's the one I listed and was interested in getting. No one seems to stock them and the factory says it is a 4-6 week order. Not sure I want to wait that long, but if it really works that well, maybe it is worth it. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my bad! :( Since the photo on the link was silver it didn't connect in my brain because mine is black. Figured it was a competitor. It's worth the wait. However, if you want it quicker you can pay $250 (I think this is the correct amount) for head of the line privilege. Some people are not happy about this but I think it's a great offer by the manufacturer. FYI, they also give a 10% military/veteran discount.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate the "head of the line" indication. I "chatted" with a rep and they indicated that they didn't do this anymore (probably because people got mad about it). I also was not able to get them to tell me about the military/vet discount, but I will try again and see if I can shake that loose.

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Talk to Jordan Smith
DiamondBack Truck Covers

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts