RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forums. So forgive me if my question is beating a dead horse or posted in the wrong area. Currently installing the hddiesel tune and delete on 2015 eco diesel. For those who have used this tune, if a repair is needed and u switch back to stock tune, can the dealer ‘flash’ the computer. I was told that once the tune was installed, it can never be ‘flashed’. If it is then a new tune is required. Does this mean the truck once tuned can never be updated? Also, if u tune back to stock, do u get codes for the deleted egr and dog system? Just trying to educate myself in case something happens on the road and I don’t have the time to ask these questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, new to the forums. So forgive me if my question is beating a dead horse or posted in the wrong area. Currently installing the hddiesel tune and delete on 2015 eco diesel. For those who have used this tune, if a repair is needed and u switch back to stock tune, can the dealer ‘flash’ the computer. I was told that once the tune was installed, it can never be ‘flashed’. If it is then a new tune is required. Does this mean the truck once tuned can never be updated? Also, if u tune back to stock, do u get codes for the deleted egr and dog system? Just trying to educate myself in case something happens on the road and I don’t have the time to ask these questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Truck won't run right with stock tune unless stock exhaust is reinstalled.

Ask HD Diesel if an updated tune is needed if the dealer updates your stock tune. I'm guessing you can reinstall the tune with no issues.

Why are you still using the dealer after a delete tune is installed?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
When the software part number changes the flash tool well see a mismatch and it wont work aka you flash back to stock then wipe the device. After the update you send a file just like the first time and start all over. Once the truck is deleted you should stop taking it to a dealer for anything.

·
Registered
2017 Laramie eco about to be tuned and deleted at 30k. Forget that it’s now hp tuned and deleted.
124 Posts
I don’t even know if it will run if the dealer flashes it.
all the sensors and alarms that were shut off so you can delete will be back. I have the same tune and delete. My plan if I have to take it to the dealer is to be up front with them and see if they can make the repair, whatever it is without flashing. If they can’t I have to take it somewhere else.
hp has the handheld tune so I think if it came down to it, and they flash it, I can put the hp tune right back on. But I will have to do it there because it will be limp mode most likely

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It's a 2015, can't have much warrantee left? I tuned my 2017 at 5,000 miles , put on one of "Genos" tune saver locks and told the dealer it was locked and tuned. Now at 115,000 miles and never had a warrantee claim. If I had a problem, I would take it to an independent diesel shop. In fact, my only reason for going to a dealer would be to drool over new models.

Reactions: malquid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Truck won't run right with stock tune unless stock exhaust is reinstalled.

Ask HD Diesel if an updated tune is needed if the dealer updates your stock tune. I'm guessing you can reinstall the tune with no issues.

Why are you still using the dealer after a delete tune is installed?
I don’t plan to use the dealer. But I travel a lot. In an unfamiliar area late at night May be the only option. Just trying to get as much insight as I can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. My eco has 105k. However, with the emissions settlement they extended my warranty to around 120k. I already had an extended warranty due to being new to this engine so they added some miles to it. Just got a clean bill of health on an oil analysis. But want to stay healthy and remove it’s bad lifestyle. Should receive my new tune via email today. I have a few ‘what if’ questions for HDD. They are helpful but purposely vague due to current regulations. So these forums are best way to get info. I’ll share what I find out. Thanks for the experience and insight.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I don’t plan to use the dealer. But I travel a lot. In an unfamiliar area late at night May be the only option. Just trying to get as much insight as I can.
Hi: 4everdiesel... I've hoid that tune before. Just don't pickup anything unfamiliar late at night that you wouldn't want to take home!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
2017 Laramie eco about to be tuned and deleted at 30k. Forget that it’s now hp tuned and deleted.
124 Posts
A point of interest is that all of the extended warranties for the most part, are emissions related in which deleting make this a moot point.
in short, you’re not losing any warranties by deleting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where do you get the HD Diesel kit from please?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where do you get the HD Diesel kit from please?
Got it direct from hddieselsupply.ca From Canada. Very easy to deal with and have a variety of tunes depending on ur desire. Nothing against the other tunes but they are one of the few left that offers delete options.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Got it direct from hddieselsupply.ca From Canada. Very easy to deal with and have a variety of tunes depending on ur desire. Nothing against the other tunes but they are one of the few left that offers delete options.
Well said, I might add they ship to the US for “off road”purposes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats awesome as I am in Canada. Thanks for the info. I thought it must be a mistake when I found their site up here lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No they are legit. Just finished my delete and tune. Took my time with delete as I wanted to be able to switch back if ever necessary. Some great videos on YouTube that helped. The hardest part was trying to figure out how the plugs unlocked. Kept stock muffler. Sound difference is negligible but the power and increased fuel mileage immediately noticeable. Highly recommended. Wish I had done sooner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No they are legit. Just finished my delete and tune. Took my time with delete as I wanted to be able to switch back if ever necessary. Some great videos on YouTube that helped. The hardest part was trying to figure out how the plugs unlocked. Kept stock muffler. Sound difference is negligible but the power and increased fuel mileage immediately noticeable. Highly recommended. Wish I had done sooner.
That said. I have not done EGR yet. Not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts