RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my check about 3 weeks ago after filing in early June. Am keeping an eye on whether they fix the AEM update with a new version. Limping along with my own approach to dealing with this problem. Not thrilled but surviving and hoping FCA tries to fix this. I still don't have my old mileage.

Now, we have this EGR recall. That has to cost a pretty penny to replace all these so so many trucks. Guessing a fire finally generated a suit that caught someone's attention. Good. I bought a fire extinguisher a couple months ago. Seems insane that I have to ride around with that after spending this kind of money on my "retirement truck."

Anyways, I don't see any threads right away where people are chatting about the new recall and whether there will be an updated AEM flash.

Any news?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got the notification about this recall, setup my appointment for 7 am to drop off my truck, only to be told when I got there that they had no parts. I guess I should have expected it would take some time, but the fact that they called me the day before to confirm my appointment and didn't mind telling me not to bother coming in really annoyed the hell out of me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So I finally got my check about 3 weeks ago after filing in early June. Am keeping an eye on whether they fix the AEM update with a new version. Limping along with my own approach to dealing with this problem. Not thrilled but surviving and hoping FCA tries to fix this. I still don't have my old mileage.

Now, we have this EGR recall. That has to cost a pretty penny to replace all these so so many trucks. Guessing a fire finally generated a suit that caught someone's attention. Good. I bought a fire extinguisher a couple months ago. Seems insane that I have to ride around with that after spending this kind of money on my "retirement truck."

Anyways, I don't see any threads right away where people are chatting about the new recall and whether there will be an updated AEM flash.

Any news?
I hope no one gets hurt. After watching some of the fires I wondered if this is like a grease fire and a simple extinguisher may just spread the flames.

Let it burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any news?
First time I heard of a fire, what exactly catches fire? Guess I better purchase a bigger fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I finally called my local dealer (Colorado) yesterday (Dec. 3rd) and they do not have the parts and the Service Mgr told me, "I have no idea when FCA is going to send us the parts." Then he gave me a direct # for FCA that I could call to inquire when the parts are going to be shipped. I asked if it would be 2 weeks or 2 months and he said he had no idea.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Someone posted the Bulletproof cooler. Is it time to buy one and install? They don’t have a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wish my dealer told me that the parts weren't in before I spent the time to get out there. I wonder if they'll be replacing the manifolds as well. I'd like to at least clean mine while they have it off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts