RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to have my Ecodiesel delivered in a week or so. Very excited to finially be getting one! How do i know the tow rating? It has the tow package, brake controller, and 3.92 Axle ratio option. I dont have any plans to tow often, i was just wondering. But i will be using it daily as my work truck with the payload close to capacity. Looking forward to better than 14mpg like my 2008 tundra gets. Thank you in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome to the club! Glad to have you here. Others I'm sure will chime in with help on your tow rating. I believe there is an FCA website you can plug your VIN into and it will give you all the specifics. You can also do a little math by using the placard on the inside of your driver's door.

·
Registered
2016 longhorn 4X4 bone stock
89 Posts
Welcome neighbor (y) , I'm in NE Bama, can't help you a whole lot on mileage, the heaviest i have towed was around 6500# and i did not cover a lot of distance with that load, however i did tow around 25-3000# this past week 250 mi round-trip and the puter was showing right around 20??? on my still stock '16

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome from Maine. You will like towing with the Ecodiesel. My 2017 Ecodiesel gets better mpg towing a 2,000lb trailer than my hemi Ram did empty, Have towed up to 10,000 lbs with ease, btw.

Reactions: MR. TED
1 - 4 of 4 Posts