RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,my name is Jesse. I like many others here are very excited to be taking ownership of a 2014 Eco Diesel RAM. I have 2 VW TDIs and owned a RAM 2500 in the past. I no longer require an HD 2500 so the 1500 will fit just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aloha

I know this is a Ram Diesel forum, which has my interest, but was wondering if any of you have any experience with the V-6 Pentastar with the new 8 speed? It could be a long wait to get the Ecodiesel here in Hawaii, and I do not tow a lot. What could I expect for mileage with the gas V-6, running light most of the time? I am currently driving a 2011 Tacoma access cab, and need a four door with a 6 foot bed. The Tacoma 4door with the long bed is approaching big truck wheel base and length, so thought I would look at the Ram too.

Thanks guys, CGP

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Aloha

I know this is a Ram Diesel forum, which has my interest, but was wondering if any of you have any experience with the V-6 Pentastar with the new 8 speed? It could be a long wait to get the Ecodiesel here in Hawaii, and I do not tow a lot. What could I expect for mileage with the gas V-6, running light most of the time? I am currently driving a 2011 Tacoma access cab, and need a four door with a 6 foot bed. The Tacoma 4door with the long bed is approaching big truck wheel base and length, so thought I would look at the Ram too.

Thanks guys, CGP
No problem, we'll talk about nearly anything as we're waiting for the VaporDiesel. Just around the corner we're told (again). I think Fireboy has the Pentastar and likes it so maybe he can chime in. From everything I have read it is an excellent engine. It takes up only about half the Ram's engine bay so seems like an odd fit but you can't argue with results. If you travel relatively light mpg should be well into the 20s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts