RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, so I pulled the trigger on a 2020 ecodiesel rebel . Beautiful truck! But drove it home on Thursday about 130km to the dealer all was great the next morning tried to go for a ride and it looks like the truck is going into limp mode. The reader spits out 24 error codes all look sensor related. Now it was -20 Celsius below Thursday and Friday I did not put the front cover on until Friday morning. So I was advised to put the truck into warm garage over night did that and same thing. Any advice? I will take it in to the dealer on Monday but it’s 130km away and the truckwon’t go very fast.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
I'd start looking for a wiring harness xonnector that loose, lots of different systems effected. Similar situation has happened with previous gen truck.
Nothing worse than a new toy not working :-(
Post up what you or the dealer find in case anyone else has a similar issue or this is the start of a trend.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd start looking for a wiring harness xonnector that loose, lots of different systems effected. Similar situation has happened with previous gen truck.
Nothing worse than a new toy not working :-(
Post up what you or the dealer find in case anyone else has a similar issue or this is the start of a trend.
I was reading your issue and thought the same thing as Crash68, ...that's a lot of codes...

Previous gen trucks had a big connector under the truck that would come loose, and under the dash (drivers side). Look for more info on it here on the forum....lots of info on the two of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not see anything loose, what’s weird is that it seemed to happen when I shifted form 4x4 to 2 wheel the truck jerked and then the error lights . I have heard of a possible ecu flash and update

·
Registered
1 Posts
That’s stinks. From what I have learned about the regeneration phase, is the truck will go into limp mode because of a DPF issue. But your filter couldn’t be full that soon. I bought a 2020 in December and it has been running great and I haven’t seen a similar situation on any chats. So I think it will be a small bump in the road for you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would think it is a engine harness. It doesn’t have to be apart just being unlatched could cause your problem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, if I knew where to look I would. Any ideas where those connector points are?

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
Look on both sides of the frame rails just behind the front wheels. Another area to check is the BCM that is under the dash on the driver's side. The ECM I think is lounti around the battery area, give the engine compartment a good once over.
Most of the connectors will have a double latch and some use a cam/lever locking arm that hold the connectors together.

·
Registered
470 Posts
+1 on the call roadside tell them to come get it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Thanks, <<<<< if I knew where to look I would. >>>>>>> Any ideas where those connector points are?
harness on previous generation that threw a bunch of codes when coming apart , or unlatched .
happens when driving in high snow , or big puddles of water .
and :

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, that is a great write up. But I did not drive over anything of that nature. She’s going to the dealer today, I will report back what they find. It will be interesting to see if we are seeing the same problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1 on the call roadside tell them to come get it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Yeah, your 100% correct. Problem is they would probably tow me to the nearest dealer and I would not trust those guys with my truck. So I’m going to try and drive her back where she came from.

·
Super Moderator
3,079 Posts
I wasn’t thinking of rough terrain but rather never got connectors snapped right upon assembly. Anyway it was a reasonable idea that putting your hands on to check cost nothing.

I would check first perhaps they will tow to the selling dealership if it’s still s reasonable distance. Or if you have AAA. I agree it’s likely to be just a bump in the road.

On another note at those temps plugging your truck in at night makes for a quick easy start up and warm up.

Also congrats on the new truck and welcome to one of the best lil forums on the web. As you can see great bunch of guys here.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah, your 100% correct. Problem is they would probably tow me to the nearest dealer and I would not trust those guys with my truck. So I’m going to try and drive her back where she came from.
Don't call roadside assistance, call the dealer you bought it from ....

·
Registered
621 Posts
One thing to also do is open the cover for the TIPM and push all the fuses down completely. Earlier models had this issue and cause some problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wasn’t thinking of rough terrain but rather never got connectors snapped right upon assembly. Anyway it was a reasonable idea that putting your hands on to check cost nothing.

I would check first perhaps they will tow to the selling dealership if it’s still s reasonable distance. Or if you have AAA. I agree it’s likely to be just a bump in the road.

On another note at those temps plugging your truck in at night makes for a quick easy start up and warm up.

Also congrats on the new truck and welcome to one of the best lil forums on the web. As you can see great bunch of guys here.
Yeah I hear you, but I want everything on record. So im not going to touch it. Just incase that messed something else up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update, I was able to drive her to the dealer yesterday. Pulled it in to the service bay and turned it off. I was given a rental 2500 and was advised that I don’t have the extended warranty but the dealer will cover the rental ... Anyway after 4 hours I called to see if there is any news and was told that there are two technicians working on it and can’t get it to start. I was advised there will be an update in the morning.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Are you aware that you can't believe everything they say ,
I went to the dealer for the left rear wheel axle recall years ago ,
I parked the truck just out near the window of the '' waiting room ''
after 2 hours of doing Sudoku in there and looking at my truck in the window
I went to ask the service manager why they gave me an appointment
at 09:00 if they could not work on my truck , why they told me I should stay and wait , that it would not be long ,
'' no need to use the shuttle service , it won't be long '' ....
........ he aswered that my truck had been inside
for over an hour and that the tech was working on it ..... OH yeah , how do you explain
the fact that I can still see my truck in the parking lot where I left it more than 2 hours ago
and it never moved ? ...........shuttle me home and come get me when it's ready you fool ,
why the lies , they called me at 4:00 PM and came to get me with shuttle .
to be a service manager you need to be a mythomaniac it seems .

1 - 20 of 60 Posts