RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Whoa, I believe it! I parked the truck in the service bay . I doubt they would leave it there for that long as it would be blocking other cars getting in... I don’t know tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

This is the rental, Anyone need anything moved I have to drive from Ottawa to Toronto tomorrow. I think I can move a house with this lol.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Nice Rental .....
that '' future update '' they told you about , will in fact be the first report .
your logic will tell you , ....you drove it there , and they can't start it ,,,, yeah right .

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,589 Posts
I was given a rental 2500 and was advised that I don’t have the extended warranty but the dealer will cover the rental ...
The service advisor told you this on a brand new vehicle that doesn't even have 500 miles on it? Unless you Canadians really get a hosing, you shouldn't have to worry about a rental for at minimum the first year.
I would have gone and had a pleasant conversation with the salesperson letting them know of my disdain of the service writer's comment about a rental.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh yeah, I will be pushing for free extended warranty... how can I have any trust in this truck at this moment! 305km when i parked it in the service bay.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Why is an extended warranty an issue when your truck is only days old?

There's sense and nonsense. This is heavily on the nonsense side. The idea of talking with your salesman makes sense. Talking with a service manager, consulting your warranty and more is far more sensible than that nonsense.

Sure appreciate the ongoing follow-ups. Now as for the loaner, it is a gasser with that big Hemi engine. I have the same thing with the new Cummins engine. Now you get an assignment. Report your fuel mileage, calculated if you get the opportunity. Maybe report your driving impressions on that big gasser truck. There is a section below on this forum for reporting the 2500 Ram pickups - Cummins or gassers.

My brother-in law with his Power Wagon and essentially the same engine struggles to do 14-15 mpg. In fact, his job changes have him finding out it is so useless that he called and told me yesterday he is selling the darn thing.

Hope you get your new one fixed without incident and soon.

***Thanks for the picture of the mountains of snow, cold, slush salt debris and misery. I'm heading to the garage and get an old motorcycle ready for a ride in the 70's and sunshine. It all makes me feel so good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Your welcome - Captainmal About this time of the year I get sick of the white stuff and the cold.

I did not opt for the extended warranty as I would blow through it in probably 2 years as I drive allot hece the ecodiesel... but since this is happening I would like peace of mind... I don't think there is any sense talking to the sales guy as he does not have much sway, sales manager maybe.... I will first call FCA and escelate the issue then push for the warranty but would like to see what the actual cause is first I have not heard from them yet. At this point I cant really blame the dealer other then that one comment, they have been fairly good to me. Now perhaps the inspection at the factory - yes - Most likely someone was sleeping at their job....

As for the 2500 its actually not too horrible so far. On gas - I drove from the dealer home about 120-130km and it averaged 14-16l/100km taking it easy. Its a fairly basic model and not a very comfortable ride. I will be going to Toronto tomorrow and thats a good 400km one way so I can do a better report for you when I get back.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
That say 15L/100KM is about 15 mpg. That is about what my brother-in-law can get TOPS with his Power Wagon. That is actually better than another brother-in-law is getting with his brand new Hemi 1500 Ram.

Thanks for the report and enjoy the ride. Remember, you are under "assignment".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So quick update on my truck, the dealer states the problem seems to have gone away on its own lol ... it’s not happening now.. but they want to test things and a list of things to check before returning the truck to me.

That sucks, how can you have peace of mind driving a truck with a potential unresolved issue.

·
Registered
833 Posts
So they couldn’t start it. Now no problem found. Make sure it’s documented that way. Let’s hope it is not an intermittent issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Update, I was able to drive her to the dealer yesterday. Pulled it in to the service bay and turned it off. I was given a rental 2500 and was advised that I don’t have the extended warranty but the dealer will cover the rental ... Anyway after 4 hours I called to see if there is any news and was told that there are two technicians working on it and can’t get it to start. I was advised there will be an update in the morning.
I like stopping by or driving by without notice to see where mine is located. Whether it's inside or not double checks the honesty of the service advisor... Most won't lie to your face, but will tell you the sky is falling on the phone.

Reactions: Havanajoe

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Wondering if it was fuel and/or temperature related? Just keeping it inside could have been the solution.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Possibly but one would think it would mess up more if it was fuel related. Maybe the cold ? I don’t know. Strange.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Possibly, I hope not. I hope it’s not an issue that keeps randomly reoccurring as I drive quite a bit and in very remote areas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Update: the dealer called and told me they found a chafed wire that was causing this issue .... also they are replacing some part on this new split tail gate.. I did not know was broken.

How does a truck with 300km have a chafed wire??

·
Registered
833 Posts
Update: the dealer called and told me they found a chafed wire that was causing this issue .... also they are replacing some part on this new split tail gate.. I did not know was broken.

How does a truck with 300km have a chafed wire??

Did they say what wire?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts