RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Limited Ecodiesel last Tuesday. Every option minus the rambox. I had tow hooks installed as I do a lot of towing and didn't want to end up in a situation where I needed to help someone out or get out of a situation myself and end up messing something up on the front end. I put on just under 2900kms so far and have averaged 9.5l/100km. My cruise has been set at 110km/hr. Obviously I was not towing this week although I am very much looking forward to seeing how it does with my Jayco Eagle 30'. This truck is everything I was hoping it would be so far and I want to thank you all as this forum has been extremely helpful during the process of deciding exactly what I wanted.

Cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome fellow Manitoban!
I thought we drove lots. 3 weeks, 3k km. We need pics!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did a terrible job of taking these 3 quick pics with my cell phone today. I will get more up at a later date, was in a hurry.

Edit: I also have a leer 100 XQ on order, should be installed in a few weeks.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 4.JPG

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hoover, I think I know that truck. I think we were the first ones to drive it. Did you get it out of Brandon? Also, what's 100 XQ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I got it out of Brandon, were you the people it was ordered for?

Leer 100XQ is a truck cap. I have a labrador retreiver and she needs a space of her own too :) Sliding rear window matching up with a front sliding window on the cap makes it like she is still involved with the family.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It wasn't ordered for us. We ordered ours From Kenton. Yours was the 4th one we drove, but the first one with push button, cooled seats, air lift ect. Yours is nearly identical to the one we got. Where did you order your truck cap from?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Nice looking rig, if you're going to be towing an RV you are much better off with the 3:92 gears, if your your towing a boat then get the 3:55 gear ratio. The very small drop in MPG (maybe 2) is far offset by the better towing performance. I take it these are 2014 trucks? My 2015 has been on order since Sept 7th and have been told no 2015 trucks are going to be built until Oct 5 :mad:

looked at the Limited but Mama said $58+ for a truck....are you nuts! LOL So we are going with either the Outdoorsman or the Laramie, with have both on order and the dealer will let me pick which one we want. Bucket seats in the Outdoorsman and bench seat in the Laramie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts