RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello world!

Here in the valley, Recently bought my truck in January. Was between the Colorado 2.8l Diesel and the Ram Eco. Got tired of waiting/ extra power, and fullsize truck. At the price, It was a no brainer. 2015 last years model.

I'll post pics before and after mods soon, but, so far here are my upgrades.

Engine:
-MBRP Intercooler Pipes
-S&B Air Intake/ Washable
-Delete 1 of 2 mufflers, w/turn down pipe
*Why there are 2 mufflers is beyond me?*
-Oil Catch Can - Billet - Coming soon

+Extra parts: Filters, Auto Filter, Cam Sensor, Belt, etc..

Exterior:
-Bed Cover - Roll up
-Rancho Quiklift - Leveling for front of vehicle
-Bug Guard
-Rear Mudflaps
-Running boards - Coming soon
-Stubby Antenna
-Rear bumper reflectors - for idiot drivers

There were recalls, but were repaired from dealer prior to buying. Battery Loom, and Rear end. Inspected myself and all checks out.

Things that worry me: EGR system. Oil Blowby. <-- See above for OCC.
-My truck has just about 1k miles, and already has blowby. :( Banks just released it's new intake deleting the EGR and swirl valves. But not a job I am willing to do. Mainly just wanting to delete the EGR in the future, around 30k Miles.

I know there is a lot of info here, and shared experiences with our EcoDiesel's. Here goes nothing!
-Cherry

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Welcome to the "owner's club".

You sure have figured out what to do and are doing it to make yours "yours". For the EGR shut-off, just do a simple GDE tune. That will improve a few operating parameters and shut the darn thing off.

One of those "cans" is a muffler. The smaller one is a resonator. Sure does look like two mufflers - Mutt and Jeff. With all the emission stuff in front of them you can near delete them both and not notice much of a change in exhaust volume.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the "owner's club".

You sure have figured out what to do and are doing it to make yours "yours". For the EGR shut-off, just do a simple GDE tune. That will improve a few operating parameters and shut the darn thing off.

One of those "cans" is a muffler. The smaller one is a resonator. Sure does look like two mufflers - Mutt and Jeff. With all the emission stuff in front of them you can near delete them both and not notice much of a change in exhaust volume.
Your right. What would the purpose of the resonator post muffler? That's what I don't get. The Cat and DPF seem to be more than enough in terms of resonance for the rear end. I noticed near zero change in tone, or performance. I intend on buying a nice bolt on kit with high flow muffler later. I believe a company called Diamond... Something makes a kit with new muffler.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum Cherry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts