RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,my name is Tim. Live about 50 miles north of Pittsburgh, bin here all my life.I so far had a1993 2500 ram and a 3500 ram in the dodge trucks. Hope this new 1500 will fit my needs and gets the advertised miles per gallon.Just gave my current truck a 2007 2500 GMC to my son. Hope to order one next year some time.

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome about Tim. This truck looks to be promising for those of us who do not need anything bigger.... or those of us who don't need to overcompensate for a short between the steering wheel and the accelerator pedal.

Reactions: cereal killer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Welcome about Tim. This truck looks to be promising for those of us who do not need anything bigger.... or those of us who don't need to overcompensate for a short between the steering wheel and the accelerator pedal.
I only tow a 8000# boat twice a year,and only about 90 miles each way. If this truck can do this easily i'd be happy.
My only concern is buying a first year new designed engine. I might give it a few months before jumping in.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I only tow a 8000# boat twice a year,and only about 90 miles each way. If this truck can do this easily i'd be happy.
My only concern is buying a first year new designed engine. I might give it a few months before jumping in.
It has been in use several years overseas. It has been in use since 2011 overseas. List of VM Motori engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Towing a boat should be fine. Towing a camper, even if it is lighter, is harder, due to the fact that you're towing a brick or box. Not very aerodynamic.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tim, I am brand new to the site, I live fairly close to you in Mars, I am the Mayor !
I had a 2008 Chevy LTZ, Duramax, great truck, and a 2006 Ram spiced up, with the 5.9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts