RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been lurking around the forum for over a year now and finally got around to making an account on here. I've been excited for this truck ever since the news broke that Ram was putting a diesel in the 1500. Anyway after searching and searching I finally purchased a truck right off a dealer lot in South Jersey. It's a two tone Outdoorsman Crew 4x4 with 3.92's and more bells and whistles then I'm used to(See pics below). I sold my 2005 Subaru WRX STi and 2000 Ford Ranger to consolidate into one truck. First tank of gas was roughly 26mpg on paper. I've also added an Extang Tri-fold which is not shown in these pictures. Looking forward to many good years with this truck and fighting with the wife for who gets to drive it! Thanks all!

photo1.jpg photo2.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats a seriously nice looking rig. I ordered the Laramie in white/silver with 3.92's, but I am now seeing color schemes on the outdoorsman that I like better. Those must be aftermarket wheels right?

Is it even possible to order an outdoorsman with all the bells and whistles of the Laramie? I sure like that painted grill better than the chrome.

Congrats on the purchase. Lets see some interior pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a seriously nice looking rig. I ordered the Laramie in white/silver with 3.92's, but I am now seeing color schemes on the outdoorsman that I like better. Those must be aftermarket wheels right?

Is it even possible to order an outdoorsman with all the bells and whistles of the Laramie? I sure like that painted grill better than the chrome.

Congrats on the purchase. Lets see some interior pics.
Thanks! Wheels are stock, I was thinking the same things when I saw it(That they were aftermarket). You can actually build an Outdoorsman online with the black wheels.

Not sure on what options close to the Laramie you can put in an outdoorsman, someone with better knowledge could probably chime in. I don't think you can do leather, cooled seats and what not in an outdoorsman but again I'm not sure.

Mine has heated seats and steering wheel, 8.4 uconnect, power sliding rear window and a bunch of other things I probably don't need:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mine has heated seats and steering wheel, 8.4 uconnect, power sliding rear window and a bunch of other things I probably don't need:D
Come winter in Pennsylvania you will wonder how you ever got by without the heated seats and steering wheel. I thought the same about the power sliding rear window. When the truck is hot, slide that window open and lower your windows. The airflow will cool off the cab in just a few minutes,

Congrats on your new Ram EcoD. It's the best truck on the road.

The Extang Trifold works out well for me. It's easy to flip open, easy to remove and easy to put back on. I've had mine for 2 years and made darn sure I took it off my old truck and put it on the new one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come winter in Pennsylvania you will wonder how you ever got by without the heated seats and steering wheel. I thought the same about the power sliding rear window. When the truck is hot, slide that window open and lower your windows. The airflow will cool off the cab in just a few minutes,

Congrats on your new Ram EcoD. It's the best truck on the road.

The Extang Trifold works out well for me. It's easy to flip open, easy to remove and easy to put back on. I've had mine for 2 years and made darn sure I took it off my old truck and put it on the new one.
Yeah I actually really do enjoy the rear slider. My wife loves the heated seats, we have them in our Ford Focus and they are constantly on...even in the summer. Every time I drive her car I start it and 30 seconds later my ass is on fire... I'm like why the hell do you have the seat heat on it's 90 degrees! Apparently she likes to freeze herself with A/C and heat herself with the seat simultaneously, some things I just can't possibly understand haha

My friend has an Extang as well and they have great reviews. The only problem I see right now is that I have the plastic trim that follows the bed rails and it leaves a gap at the front of the bed by the cab, maybe 1/2inch due to the height difference. Do you have this problem as well? Was thinking about putting a piece of weather stripping across the front of the bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts