RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum yesterday, but have been looking at these truck on line for about a month now!
Really would like to drive one, before I orderd, but living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help. Local dealer says they can't get one unless a customer orders it.
Nearest dealers that have one, or are expecting to get one are Denver (220 miles) and Salt Lake (300 miles).
May just have to bite the bullet and order one!
Currently I am driving a "09" 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi but am looking to update.
Anyway.... Hello!

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Sorry so many missed your intro. At least I can say, "Welcome".

You will not update over a Hemi with an Ecodiesel. You will upgrade.

·
Registered
555 Posts
One suggestion is to try driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Diesel. It would at least give you an idea on the engine - sound, power, etc. I took one of those out as I was in a similar situation - not in the middle of no where, but no diesels available to test.

I did get a chance to test drive a 1500 with a Diesel before I bought. I would say the Jeep will give you a pretty comparable idea.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome, As you visit this site and read various post you will gain a lot of knowledge from some guys who have had a lot trucks.
We all have nothing to lose giving our honest opinions.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I did the same (blind ordered) best decision I ever made, the truck is awesome! You will be happy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome lots of good information on here from a lot of knowledgable people. Like they say it's a major upgrade to say the least.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I blind ordered too, only drove a grand cherokee diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, and thanks for the greetings!
Haven't been on in a while.
On april 26th the local dealership called me, while on my way to Denver (to a bird dog competition) and asked if they could place an order under my name. I told them yes....as long as you order it to my specs (outdoors man, prairie pearl coat, crew cab, 6'4" bed, 4:92 rear end, air ride suspension). They also told me no deposit was needed and that if, it wasn't for me.... there would be no hard feeling and they would just put it on their lot and sale it.
Later that day I stopped at a large dealer ship in Denver that said they had an ED.
To make a long story short; after a huge run-around...a bighorn ED was located and I was allowed to drive it.
After the test drive...I'm pretty sure this is the truck for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts