RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Ready to pull the trigger this weekend. Looks like I will be ordering an SLT with some nice improvements. Dealer is being 'reasonable' lots of incentives and rebates. We're up to $13,500.

Is there a good way to figure out if I am getting the best deal possible?

Paul

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome! Canadian pricing is a mystery to me but in the U.S. a good starting point is 1 percent below invoice before incentives and rebates. Beyond that it is a matter of how much you are willing to negotiate. An early post by EgoDiesel from Ontario may provide some insight: http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/.../145-how-play-hardball-get-deal-you-want.html. 2014 production is near the end so order quickly if you want a truck before September. As always, do your homework and watch out for dealer add-ons, extended warranties and other things that increase the final price. Good luck!

·
Registered
391 Posts
if they want to sell it they will. I dont think they have to but i have never heard of a dealer refusing to show an invoice. It just may not show hold back or anything on what they show you. hold back is usually around 1500-2000 on these trucks it seems

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ok, thanks but will they be willing to show the invoice?
That info is freely available from several websites such as Edmunds, NADA and others. Dealer costs are pretty much an open book these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts