RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made the decision to order an ED from my local dealer. I have a small landscaping business and was getting by with a 2012 Durango, before its' electrical system started giving me trouble. I'll be honest, I did not even know these trucks existed until about 2 months ago. The moment I saw it at the dealer I fell in love, or maybe it was lust, but I knew I had to have one. I did not want to keep putting money in the Durango, but at the same time, I did not want to give up the fuel economy I was used to either. This truck seemed like the answer and so I pursued trying to find one to buy. This proved harder than it should of been. After looking online, I was attracted to the true blue pearl color and began to search for one. I found one a couple hours away, but the dealer would not transfer it to my local dealer. I did not want to buy it from anywhere else, because my dealer was offering a free lifetime powertrain warranty with any new truck purchase. So I decided that if I was going to buy a new truck, I was going to get the one I wanted. This past Thursday, I ordered a True Blue Pearl monotone paint, Larame 4X4, CC, 5'7", black int., remote start, 3.92 gears, anti-spin diff., with bench seats. Total retail price was $50,145, and after two days of haggling with the dealer, I got it for $41,758. I put my $1,000 deposit down, and now I'm happier than a **** in a corn field. I can't wait. Lord give me patience for the next 8 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are True Blue Laramie is going to make you a very happy guy. The wait may stress you out though. Hang in there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice work Ezy Dzl! I ordered mine April 17th and finally got it June 23rd. I recommend you ignore the 1800 number for Ram to check on your truck status. If you have a good repore with you're dealer i would just call for a status update roughly every 2 weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts