RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became an ecodiesel owner just tbis last June. I purchased a 2014 ram big horn quad cab @ 127k miles. I bought the truck with hopes of longevity. I deleted dpf/egr with an ECM tune from Hd diesel. Love the tune. So far truck runs great and am looking forward to building knowledge from the forum. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Welcome to the site NighttrainHD1987 ,
there is a lot of bad stuff that you do not have to worry about since your EGR cooler
is gone , you will also never have any problems related to DOC and DPF ,
I suspect the SCR and DEF injection is also another weak point that you got
rid-off ..... enjoy !!!!
I guess you only have esthetic upgrade stuff to read about , or stuff like the block heater
and winter front cover .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site NighttrainHD1987 ,
there is a lot of bad stuff that you do not have to worry about since your EGR cooler
is gone , you will also never have any problems related to DOC and DPF ,
I suspect the SCR and DEF injection is also another weak point that you got
rid-off ..... enjoy !!!!
I guess you only have esthetic upgrade stuff to read about , or stuff like the block heater
and winter front cover .
I'm still debating some cosmetic changes. I've got a leveling kit I haven't installed yet. I'm debating on a CAI also but from what I've read they just add more noise and possibly air bags for the rear suspension so I can basically have the quality of a 3/4 ton in a much less expensive 1/2 ton. (P.s. I've owned a 1 ton dually cummins and 3/4 ram hemi)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
1/2 ton turned into 3/4 ton ....:LOL::eek:
this " C " shape frame is not a full closed tube frame ,
you're going to twist the little guy if you expect too much .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't do much heavy lifting anymore with my trucks. I've had bigger ones in tbe passed for that but I'm not impressed with half ton pay loads.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I became an ecodiesel owner just tbis last June. I purchased a 2014 ram big horn quad cab @ 127k miles. I bought the truck with hopes of longevity. I deleted dpf/egr with an ECM tune from Hd diesel. Love the tune. So far truck runs great and am looking forward to building knowledge from the forum. Cheers.
Welcome to the forum.

What you just wrote is pretty significant to many on this forum. Read what you wrote above about HD Diesel.

That's it and is the option I and others have touted recently. Super glad you joined up. Just that comment will sorely be appreciated by many here IF the understand what it currently means.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
many tow threads on here , some stretch the limits .....
not a Locomotive , but not just a grocery getter .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once you go from a 1 ton or 3/4 ton to a half ton and realize you can't just throw whatever you want in the bed you stand beside yourself like "wtf" ? anyway. Love the ecodiesels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum.

What you just wrote is pretty significant to many on this forum. Read what you wrote above about HD Diesel.

That's it and is the option I and others have touted recently. Super glad you joined up. Just that comment will sorely be appreciated by many here IF the understand what it currently means.
If anybody has questions on my experience or details with the tune feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Once you go from a 1 ton or 3/4 ton to a half ton and realize you can't just throw whatever you want in the bed you stand beside yourself like "wtf" ? anyway. Love the ecodiesels.
you can be deceived a lot more if you put stuff in a Mazda B2200 ,
I had one of those once , 10 4X8 plywood sheets and the thing completely bottomed out ,
not a real truck , I guess a little Ford Ranger would be the same .
there is always a bigger and better truck , but there are also ridiculous weaker ones .
...compromise.....is the key . the ECO is for me .

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir it is!
Service was great. Everything involved was smooth as glass. On top of that I didn't have to sit with my truck down and wait on an ECM. They shipped the new ECM after I gave them the info from my truck they needed. Received in about a week and sent my original ECM back and received my core in about 4 or 5 dats after shipping. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good for you , when GDE goes out of their way to recommend that tuner
it can only be good stuff .
Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious what you mean when you say "what it currently means"

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
since sept.18 2019, the big EPA crackdown has put a stop to
tune sells in USA , most american tuners no longer sell tunes ,
the delete kits are no longer displayed on sites that sold them ,,,
the small outfits still operate for now , but they are not as reputable
as the big ones doing business pre- Sept. 18th .
""currently means "" I guess the Captain means it is possible to get what one wants if they
go "international shopping " for it .....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If these emission law makers would push the manufacturers to be accountable and recall these trucks with all the emission issues they seem to have there woukd be less need to tune and delete the crap. I had the level sensor go out in my def tank, a tune was the best route to solve the issue. Had it not went bad I'd still have a bone stock truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts