RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my 2020 Eco-Diesel the MOPAR Manuals on USB were part of the Deal.
I finally have the USB Flash Drive of the Manuals. The README.TXT states to Autorun it
or start it Manually.
If it does not, you can run this application by double clicking on the file "Launch.bat" on the root of this disc, creating a shortcut to the file "\common\html\default.htm", or navigating to that location and launching "default.htm".

Depending on your browser settings, you may get the Microsoft warning regarding allowing Active Content to run on your computer. Answer the question to allow Active Content to run.

Some features of this CD\DVD require a connection to the Internet.

Minimum requirements to run this application are:

- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Intel based computer
- 1GB minimum
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Adobe SVG Plugin installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
- Adobe Flash Player installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
- Adobe Reader installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
I have Win XP SP3 and IE 6.xx, but when I try to run Launch.bat I get a screen of garbage graphic characters.
I never get to the starting screen.

I've sent an email to "[email protected]" trying to get help in getting to the starting page,
but so far no response from them. Here is a Photo of what I see on my Windows XP:

Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97hmcs,
No, I sure don't. There are probably some available but I've not used Windows XP SP3 since Spring 2007, after my 4th virus re-infection.

I did find information on what to check here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/175775/nothing-happens-when-you-click-a-link-in-internet-explorer
Code:
For Windows XP
[LIST=1]
[*]    
[*]To open Windows Explorer, right-click Start, and then click My Computer.
[*]   
[*]On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
[*]   
[*]Locate and select the HTM file type.
[*]   
[*]Make sure that Internet Explorer is selected as the Opens with program. If Internet Explorer is not selected, click Change, select Internet Explorer as the recommended program, and then click OK.
[*]   
[*]Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the following file types:

HTML
ITS
MHT
MTHML
XML
   XSL
[/LIST]

Check whether the problem is resolved. If the problem is resolved, you are finished with this article. If the problem is not resolved, go to the next method.
But, that was correct and did not help. The weird thing is if I go to E: in Explorer and double click on "E:" it does not OPEN. But, I can drop to command
prompt and move through the directories and sub-directories with no problem.

Ideas?

I hate to be forced to Install Win 7 just to be able to access this MOPAR Information.

Thanks.

Larry

·
Administrator
8,906 Posts
I'm not sure what (if any) browsers work on Win XP, but maybe find a compatible browser and download it.
You can contact FCA and request paper copies of the manuals as long as you are the original owner.
You can download the manuals here Official Mopar Site | Owner's Manual and save the PDF file.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,617 Posts
Ideas?

I hate to be forced to Install Win 7 just to be able to access this MOPAR Information.
I hate to break it to you but your way behind the times, Win7 is already End-of-Life (in plain English it's not supported anymore, nor is it updated)
Your looking at having to upgrade to Win10, as I don't think there is a path for Win8. Chances are your hardware is out of date to make the upgrade to Win10 so you probably looking at a new computer.

You should be able to download a PDF copy of the owner's manual. You don't have to create an account either.

This link may download the correct one: https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2020/1500_DT/P114397_20_DT_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe I missed something... but anybody can go to the Ram website and download any manuals you want any time you want. You can even save .pdf copies of the entire manuals to your PC, phone, or thumb drive. It takes like 2 minutes.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally had to install Win7 32 Bit and I can at least access those Service manuals from MOPAR. I really haven't had time to see what all it contains
because I've just been too busy. And this old Laptop has a problem with Audio so I need a better laptop with Audio working.

At least it's finally working, but I just couldn't get Win XP SP3 to autorun the Software.

Larry

·
Administrator
8,906 Posts
Did you see in the above posts where you can simply download the PDF directly onto your computer? In any case, glad you got it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I saw that response, but it's for the Owners manual, and I already have that manual in the Glove Box.

I'm talking about and working with the MOPAR Factory Service Manuals Part Number 8137020074SUSB-N, which is from TechAuthority.

Factory Repair Manuals

They do appear to be different.

Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts