RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel SLT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks all. I found a post on here from Howardzg "Shuddering Noise." The link he posted is exactly what my truck is doing. I think you guys are right and the VGT position is off. I wonder if it could be a sensor which tells them to open close ect? I wish I had a trouble shooting tree or a wiring diagram of some sorts.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel SLT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just to follow up. It is back at the dealership. They tried taking the old actuator off the old turbo and put it on. It actually fixed it for a the test drive then when the tech pulled it around to put it out on the lot it did it again. They are chalking it up to a bad turbo out of the box. They are going to Mopar warranty the turbo but here is the catch.... They are sending it to another dealership who has a level 3 diesel mechanic. The service manager told me they can not perform Mopar warranty work without a level 3 diesel mechanic. I since have a loaner vehicle until they fix my truck. I will keep everyone up to date on what actually fixes the issue once I find out. I know I am not the only one who has this issue.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts