RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Holy cow you are finding more and more stuff. You sure have mechanical talent to do all this and more.

S-100 is a liquid cleaner you NEED. The engine compartment is filthy and the vents above are vouchered with leaves. Clean that mess up so it looks good. S100 is perfect. I spray it on my engines, wait a bit and just hose it off. You will be shocked at how it takes such rat crap and makes it like new.

Hope you repairs all work out.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
For short term with that code I would unplug the egr electrically to prevent a disater until you can get the coolant clean. Wouldn't want the dealership to blame the egr issue on the oil cooler.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Reporting back....

So I picked up the sensor and replaced it, for a moment I felt victorious and all the codes cleared. Took for a ride around the block and the ETC came back and after connecting the reader I have discovered 6 new codes:

PO299 - Turbocharger underboost
P26AB - no definition
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature sensor 1 Circuit High
P012C - Turbocharger Inlet Pressure Circuit Low
P00F5 - Intake Air Humidity Sensor harness is open or shorted
P0103 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit High

No More EGR error code, but a lot more to do with the turbo.... WTF... and I think the smell came back.... something is definitely very wrong... This is driving me crazy... How the hell is this going to be connected the EGR now. I should have left the bad sensor alone and taken it in like that. arggggg

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Reporting back....

So I picked up the sensor and replaced it, for a moment I felt victorious and all the codes cleared. Took for a ride around the block and the ETC came back and after connecting the reader I have discovered 6 new codes:

PO299 - Turbocharger underboost
P26AB - no definition
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature sensor 1 Circuit High
P012C - Turbocharger Inlet Pressure Circuit Low
P00F5 - Intake Air Humidity Sensor harness is open or shorted
P0103 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit High

No More EGR error code, but a lot more to do with the turbo.... WTF... and I think the smell came back.... something is definitely very wrong... This is driving me crazy... How the hell is this going to be connected the EGR now. I should have left the bad sensor alone and taken it in like that. arggggg
Those could all be do to an issue with your maf sensor, check it and your intake piping closely. Also check the harness for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Those could all be do to an issue with your maf sensor, check it and your intake piping closely. Also check the harness for it.
Thanks brokendownbutgood for all the great advice, but I think tomorrow, I am going to put the bad sensor back on and take it to the dealership. Let them check it out. If it is covered, then good, if it is not, then I will continue the search myself.

Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks brokendownbutgood for all the great advice, but I think tomorrow, I am going to put the bad sensor back on and take it to the dealership. Let them check it out. If it is covered, then good, if it is not, then I will continue the search myself.

Cheers.
Hey Tigerman... not sure if this is helpful but my 2016 Eco just went in to the dealer for the SETC, they said they have to replace the intake and will need to pull the fuel rail as well to get at it.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts