RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Help with GDE install PLEASE

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  97hmcs 
#1 ·
Firstly, amazing product. I have my old truck back again

However I am having an issue post install hoping easy fix for. I purchased GDE RAM 1500 on 1/10/19. However I just did my install today. (AEM update in May 2019)

Followed instructions and truck driving great however it has triggered CEL and says
"Exhaust Filter 90% Full Service Required See Dealer" instead of 90% full maintain high speeds.

When I use my diagnostic tool to see codes I get P0428 Catalyst temperature Sensor Circuit High and if I clear for about 2 seconds dash goes back to the anticipated "90% full maintain highway speeds" but quickly reverts back to the dealer message. I drove at highway speeds for long enough for a filter burn but to no avail.

Anyone else have this issue? So close yet so far!

#2 ·
That's rare so it sounds like a bad sensor. I would reinstall the original ECM and see if it triggers the CEL, then have the dealer look at it.

Other option is to use the AlfaOBD app and a bluetooth OBD dongle to force a regen.

#4 ·
I 2nd thowing in the stock unit again and see what happens. You may have an actual issue and need warranty work.

#5 ·
I just had the same code after my AEM flash. Dealer said they are seeing this often.
It was a heat sensor and when it fails, it does not allow a regen and thus the filter gets full and will put you in limp mode.
Dealer replaced sensor under the new extended warranty and forced a regen.
All is good for now

#6 ·
Bent pin. Gde recognized it right away. Hopefully they will swap me out as I couldn’t fix. Holy smokes though what a difference. I hope joe public doesn’t hear how bad the AEM is or that 3k I got from FCA ain’t gonna cover the loss in value of this truck. Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
What pin was/is bent?

Reads like something in the GDE program or is it something plugging that into the wiring harness of the truck, or something wrong with the DPF sensor connectors? Surely others might want to know in case it happens to them.

Appreciate the follow-up.

#11 · (Edited)
Might want to read the installation instructions. Page 2 post install notes "Regen message: You will note that on hte dashboard is present the "Exhaust Filter Full, Please drive on highway" message. This is evidentially normal now. It says to drive at highway speeds until you get a "Regen complete message" The notes said the soot level is not available to the new ECM.

#12 · (Edited)
Might want to read the installation instructions. Page 2 post install notes "Regen message: You will note that on hte dashboard is present the "Exhaust Filter Full, Please drive on highway" message. This is evidentially normal now. It says to drive at highway speeds until you get a "Regen complete message"
OP's situation is a horse of a different color. Please note:

"Exhaust Filter 90% Full Service Required See Dealer" instead of 90% full maintain high speeds."

#14 ·
I should have been more specific :)

This was not the case for the OP.

"Followed instructions and truck driving great however it has triggered CEL and says
"Exhaust Filter 90% Full Service Required See Dealer" instead of 90% full maintain high speeds."

The problem was "Bent pin. Gde recognized it right away."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.