RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ziggy,

Good to read about your trips with towing at near max loads.

Would like to see one of the AS you pull over the Snoqualmie Pass sometime. I am not far from there in Redmond. I would also love a stick of Tasso and Andouille. You know what I mean...the real stuff. The kind you can only get in and around Lafayette. I have Lamb for trade.

Safe travels.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ziggy,

Good to read about your trips with towing at near max loads.

Would like to see one of the AS you pull over the Snoqualmie Pass sometime. I am not far from there in Redmond. I would also love a stick of Tasso and Andouille. You know what I mean...the real stuff. The kind you can only get in and around Lafayette. I have Lamb for trade.

Safe travels.
I have the one pic and one vid over in Snoqualmie. Did you see them? Without a trailer, though. It's hard to find a place to stop for a photo-op right now--especially with all that construction. It'll be nice when the construction is finished!

It'll be a while before I can get that good Cajun food to you. Sorry. I just got my marching orders and am about to leave for Indiana to pick up a camper, head to Texas with it, then back north to pick up another one going to Kalifornia. From there, I'm gonna sprint home for a social gathering followed by a doctor's visit. That takes care of the next 3 weeks. Shucks, this is the first time in 20+ years of trucking that I know what's happening 3 weeks out!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Today I picked up another camper. Going to Covington, WA. Been there before, but I'm taking a different route this time because I picked up at the factory for the first time instead of the staging area. Oh, and I don't have to run by the world headquarters of Timber Grove Enterprises. Besides the route being different, this camper weighs in at a whopping 7998 pounds!!!:eek:

Before I picked it up, I had decided to run the entire route at 60 mph just for you guys! Turns out, it's a good thing I had already decided because this fat bitch is wagging me all over the highway! Shucks, there's even been a couple of times that it got so bad that the trailer's brakes kicked on. I guess that's a safety feature in a high dollar trailer. Did I say high dollar? Yup. This one stickers at $136,987.

I only made it to Champaign, IL, tonight. I'm at the WalMart, so I'll fuel up at the Murphy in the morning and hit the road. I'll be sure to check in when I can.
That trailer brake feature is part of our trucks not the trailer. When trailer sways too much our trucks apply the brakes to straighten out.

This happened to me once on a low price Travel trailer. I checked tires after the sway and the pressures were more than 20 psi different between the tires on the trailer causing sway. After tire pressure was adjusted no sway at all!!

Check those tires!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts