RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Against forum rules I started a new thread. My old one already went 11 pages so enough talk. HERE IT IS!

Stopped at the dealer this morning (March 24th). Truck came in just before I got there. Sales manager heard it came and we went to look. Straight off the truck minutes before.

I should learn to suck in my gut for pictures.

He told me Chrysler has to unlock and record it through the service department first. That will be later today or tomorrow. No test riding until then. I set up an appointment to pick it up Friday 11 AM.

Ram Ecodiesel Photos by 10percentmore | Photobucket

This is a link to more cell phone pictures I took this morning. Note the custom "made for" on the window sticker. Also note there is NO Ecodiesel badge on the tailgate, only on the side.
I did not sit in the truck but the sales manager did get it started. It cannot be driven until "unlocked" through their computer.

Also quite surprised at the final price. Guess that's food for another topic. Enjoy the pictures.

Friday morning 11 AM. That's when I can pick it up. Cap appointment for Saturday morning and then C U on the road.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats, is that Prairie pearl? and is the area between the bumper grill black?

·
Registered
396 Posts
OK, got to know what you mean by surprised by final price? Is there a different thread with details?
And congratulations on the truck. Can't wait to hear your review.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome to see trucks showing up - finally. Looking forward to hearing reports from you early adopters as I make a decision on my next truck.

And, same question on the color of the bumper - looks black in the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I HATE YOU !!!!!!!!!! (j/k)

My Truck is scheduled to be built on Wed. Hopefully all the shipping problems are cleared up... and I will gt it quick.

It's kind of funny... I'm so anxious to get my new truck, that I haven't even wanted to drive my current truck. I've been driving the wife's car when she didn't need it.

***EDIT****

I see that you have the new Purple antifreeze. Hopefully that will take care of the "Stink" some guys are complaining about. (FYI,, it was red)

·
Registered
177 Posts
ph363- That is interesting. Was the extra $1,000.00 due to additional rebates offered this month? Enjoy :cool: your new ride!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Way to go! Nice truck.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really know little to nothing about my truck. Never got in the seat and because of the rain, never really looked it over at all. I know little more than what you see in the pictures.

As for price issue, it surprised me. In addition to $4000 plus off the MSRP and no dealer fee, I got an additional $3,000 more off with rebates. More on that later.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Captain, congrats brother ! man now like the Tom Petty song, "THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART".. you have to wait a bit to drive it.

Let me know how it pulls on the hills there in Florida ! with the 355 rear end !! (or when you it a draw bridge ! ).

Congrats, sharp color.
Clean look, dam, nice.
Marsman

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scheduled to have the cap installed Saturday morning. Just ordered some ACS flat running boards. Floor mats will probably just come from WalMart along with mud flaps. Those specialty ones are stupid expensive. Then ... I may be pulling my toy hauler to Jacksonville the following weekend. There are a couple "hills"??? between here and there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats! Looks real good. Really want to hear about on the road and towing. I called ram this am and I am in D1 status and I guess that could still mean a long wait. Already bought a new travel trailer, kinda put the cart before the horse!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats! Looks real good. Really want to hear about on the road and towing. I called ram this am and I am in D1 status and I guess that could still mean a long wait. Already bought a new travel trailer, kinda put the cart before the horse!
You literally put the cart before the horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts