RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've built a nice truck (dealer's words). Now its time to order it. Sounds to me like the dealer is being pretty reasonable. They've committed to $13,500 in rebates and incentives.Truck MSRP is $43,395 plus $12,700 in options (including the diesel $4500.) Plus destination, $1695.
Total comes out to $57640
- All rebates $13,500
Price to pay $44,140. plus taxes and financing.
Its a crew,
4x4
Air suspension
Premium cloth buckets
Comfort Group
Trailer tow group
Remote start
SLT plus decor group
Protection group

Seem fair?

Thanks in advance
Paul

·
Registered
583 Posts
You've really optioned that up to Limited level, you may want to consider looking at the standard items on the Limited and weigh your options. You will get the air suspension, remote start, spray-in bed liner. Of course, the only interior option is black leather, which may be a deterrent. There seems to more options on the dealer lots in the LImited trim, as well, in my area, at least.

I started looking at Laramie, but settled on the Limited, since they were optioned where I wanted them, when I found them on dealer lots. A custom order may best, since you know what you want.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Laramie has 3 trim levels, so you don't have to go all the way to a Limited to get some of those standard options. We chose the Laramie Longhorn because the Limited only came with a Black interior and with 2 dogs, black doesn't work with dog fur.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I started thinking Laramie too but the final sticker was about $2-3k higher than the optioned out big horn. Not sure I want to keep on creeping up there north of $50k USD on msrp but some of the included amenities sound nice in the Laramie.

When I first started considering Ram I wanted the Hemi no doubt. That kept the msrp around 43-44k. Then with the ED3 it's creeping up to 48-49k. Yowser. I've got the preverbal devil vs angel fighting it out on my shoulders. Been a long time since I bought new so it's hard to jump into a payment again.

Don't tread on me!
MOLON LABE

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I've built a nice truck (dealer's words). Now its time to order it. Sounds to me like the dealer is being pretty reasonable. They've committed to $13,500 in rebates and incentives.Truck MSRP is $43,395 plus $12,700 in options (including the diesel $4500.) Plus destination, $1695.
Total comes out to $57640
- All rebates $13,500
Price to pay $44,140. plus taxes and financing.
Its a crew,
4x4
Air suspension
Premium cloth buckets
Comfort Group
Trailer tow group
Remote start
SLT plus decor group
Protection group

Seem fair?

Thanks in advance
Paul
Paul - are you in Canada?

Doesn't change anything, but might help people understand and share relevant info. Its the big discounts that have me asking. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just tried ordering today, central Maine, and two dealers said they can't order any more 2014. Need to wait two plus weeks and it will have to be 2015. Unclear on incentives. You have a great discount. Anxious to hear if you can order it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sportsguy
Yes I am, vancouver bc.
The rebates are as follows:
$8500, current rebate (Chrysler)
1500 loyalty. If you own a dodge now, you get the rebate.
1000 off if you currently have a financed chrysler vehicle.
$2500.00 trade in value, this is just good faith on their part, I'm not trading in.
and a 1% reduction on the loan rate because of having a current financed Dodge. Advertised rate right now is 4.29% so I will get 3.29%.
I'm going to try and get a bit more discount but I'm getting the feeling I'm almost at the price they need to be at. I'm waiting for the "what can we do to earn your business?" question. Planning to order on Saturday. End of month, they seem pretty motivated to make this happen. Once I order i'm going to have a hard time with the wait...

Paul

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike
Good suggestion. I did that after I read your post. Upgrading the trim levels ups the price, no matter what. Its not much but the optioned SLT is a bit better off than the other trim levels.
Paul

·
Registered
396 Posts
Paul, I ordered almost the same options. here is my build:
Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 6'4" bed Maximum Steel metallic, Black/diesel gray interior
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine
3.55 rear end
Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Protection Group
Remote Start and Security Group
Comfort Group
Luxury Group
Rear Window Defroster
Trailer Brake Control
Air Suspension, 4-Corner
Rear Camera, rear front park sense
17" wheels instead of the 20"s
Delete from standard: tow mirrors, CD player.
I paid $40,135 before taxes.
not sure if that helps

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I picked up a limited, tits loaded 49.7 all in + hst ontario canada

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this is the way it plays out. Outdoorsman
MSRP 43395
Options and shipping etc 14605
Total 58000

All rebates and finangling. -16399

Final settled on price $41601 plus taxes and finance fees.

Pretty happy with that.
Paperwork is signed, I'm giving them a deposit on Monday.

I decided on the two tone True BLue Pearl. THe stealer showed me a few pictures of one they got for another customer. It was the only way to get the colour matched grill and black bumpers. It looks like the bumpers are almost the same colour as the truck which was the look I was going for.
Exhausting process dealing with these guys, but I think it will be okay now. Lets just hope they put the right transfer case in…

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts