RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up on the ram1500diesel forum. Didn't know this existed until I had my fourth frustrating call with the FCA EcoDiesel Settlement folks. Decided to see if others are having similar problems...but that's a different discussion. Looks like a lot of good information being shared by other EcoDiesel owners. I live in Henderson, NV, and have a 2015 Big Horn that I purchased in NE Ohio where my wife and I spend our summers. Truck has about 57,000 miles, and like most owners, I like it. In fact, one of our local RAM dealers in NV called me this spring to see if I'd trade mine in (I think he wanted to resell as a certified pre-owned) and I told him he'd have to promise me another EcoDiesel and make me a screaming offer!!

I've been a huge fan of the small turbo-diesel engines since I lived in Europe where that's the predominant engine in cars & vans. When I heard RAM had come out with an Italian made 3.0 diesel married to a German transmission I knew I couldn't go wrong. I not only wasn't disappointed, but was impressed with how quiet the truck is and how nice it handles both on and off-road. You hardly notice when you pull out to pass a tractor-trailer rig or when driving in strong crosswinds. It handles our NV mountains with hardly a downshift and pulls my fishing boat like there's nothing behind. Second year I had the truck, I had to give a policeman a ride out in the desert to a stolen vehicle over some pretty rugged terrain. He took one look and decided he wasn't going to attempt it in his Ford Explorer cruiser.

Nuf Said,
Fightergator

IMG_2608 (2).jpg

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Quite the introduction. Welcome to the forum - first post.

Go on the AEM section of this forum - Approved Emission Modification - and read. Others talk of issues with that programming change and offer solutions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts