RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

High miles on eco diesels

74K views 85 replies 48 participants last post by  Bily90 
#1 ·
I would like to hear comments for people showing high miles and what work has been done to it.

#42 ·
That's awesome - 66% of all your miles are towing! So it's not like your truck is a just a grocery getter. The engine is working nearly all the time - love it.

I'm a firm believer that this engine is happiest when it's working and/or out on the highway. Mine just doesn't run as well if I'm doing mostly in-town or suburban driving.

Diesel78, thanks for posting your info.

Bob

#51 ·
My wifes ford escape calls for 5.7 quarts, its annoying. It comes out to an even liter amount... but I don't live where they sell oil by the liter. Most of the time it gets 6 quarts because I hate having the extra 0.3 quart rolling around in the back and in 90k miles ive never had to add any to it.

#56 ·
At least now you can strip off the emissions garbage when it goes bad and turn it into an old world diesel...still waiting for my DPF and EGR to go bad at 168,000...so much for the opinions of these engines being time bombs...

#58 ·
Have a fleet of them and seems that the issue I have is they need valve work between 380,000 and 400,000 miles but otherwise they seem to be built pretty well but I'm pretty sure they not gonna be as tuff as a Cummins and go a million miles I'm thinking that average life for anyone that takes good care of them is prolly around 500,000

#59 ·
I'm at 133k and now the clock ticks very slow. I ride my motorcycles a lot 9 months of the year and I don't commute in the truck. Also we sold our camper trailer and bought a Class C Motorhome, so it will take a long time for me to get to 200k. I may be driving the truck only about 5k miles a year now.

But my 2014 is just flawless and I love the truck.

Reactions: 3DHawkeye
#63 ·
Turned 100k last week, wife's truck.
2014 longhorn limited. Truck garage kept looks brand new.
Deleted EVERYTHING,
Zero problems
Driving right 26 mpg
Around town 19 to 20

Absolutely the most comfortable best Driving vehicle we ever had .
It has so many bells and whistles I don't know them all .

I was always a Chevy guy , but Dodge quality is better IMO

I also have a 05 Cummins, garage kept 4 x 4 95k miles , powerful truck. And NO it ain't for sale .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

#72 ·
Do not block off your transmission thermostat like this guy did, totally not needed on the Eco platform. The transmission should achieve operating temp quickly for efficiency and this counters that design.

#82 ·
Reactions: Bigwilly81
#85 ·