RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got this recall notice on my gasbuddy app. Has anyone else heard anything about this? EDIT: I just seen a previous post about this. So a full blown recall, or a warranty extension like the tone wheel?
Font Rectangle Electric blue Screenshot Number

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
I find it interesting that NHTSA is more worried about the HPFP causing an unexpected loss of drive power, increasing the risk of a crash than the engine itself! I would put money on it that there are way more engine failures than CP4 pump failures!
This is so true. The CP4 failures are low on the ecodiesel platform. Main bearings let go way more often. Good news for GDE customers, we turned off CCP mode in CP4 software logic as it seemed to be the big driver for pump failures on other applications. CCP is a method of controlling fuel pressure, but leads to frequency issues inside the pump leading to vibration and pulsations in the plunger bore. It was a bad idea Bosch sold to all CP4 customers.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
@biodiesel:
Where is this dealership because none of those around me have a clue when it comes to EcoD's?
Farmington, New Mexico. Although, there's a designated EcoDiesel tech at one of the dealers in Albuquerque, too. Both techs know these engines like the back of their hand. When I go into the shop, they usually have 2 - 3 EcoDiesel vehicles on the lift at any given time. Interestingly, both techs like working on the engine and have mostly good things to say about the platform.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,523 Posts
Seems as though Cummins more industrial applications are all low HP. The 2.8 duramax is 26% less displacement, I’d bet they could easily get it to numbers that would work. Also feeding 2 less cylinders I’d think economy would be better.
I looked at the Colorado diesel. EPA numbers are about the same as ours, or at least were in 2017 models. IIRC, that engine also uses a Bosch CP4.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,523 Posts
From what we could tell in the VW applications, there appears to be at least 4 generations of the Bosch CP4x pump. The assumptions were that Bosch changed the internal coatings to try to find something that held up better to the crappy US fuel.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is so true. The CP4 failures are low on the ecodiesel platform. Main bearings let go way more often. Good news for GDE customers, we turned off CCP mode in CP4 software logic as it seemed to be the big driver for pump failures on other applications. CCP is a method of controlling fuel pressure, but leads to frequency issues inside the pump leading to vibration and pulsations in the plunger bore. It was a bad idea Bosch sold to all CP4 customers.
Yet another reason I love my GDE tune. Appreciate the info - didn't know that feature was part of the tune but I'm very glad it is. Two thumbs up (y)(y)

Bob

·
Registered
914 Posts
Anyone want some parts from a 2014 ecodiesel? Mine just disintegrated this morning when it read the recall news.

• Wow
Reactions: TwoBobs

·
Registered
2017 laramie Quad cab 4x4 3:55
28 Posts
I just received this email this morning. Probably for my old 2015 (2014-2019) but we'll see if it gets expanded. It' currently doesn't apply to my 2020 VIN.

Safety Issue Type: Recalls June 09 2022 NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V406000
High Pressure Fuel Pump Failure Fuel starvation may result in an unexpected loss of drive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
i checked my vin for recalls and it shows this recall for it but no parts available

·
Registered
29 Posts
Received notice:

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 22V406
Manufacturer : Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Subject : High Pressure Fuel Pump Failure
Make Model Model Years
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2014-2020
RAM 1500 2014-2019

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,349 Posts
Wonder if this means that since it’s being recalled if anyone has a failure is it now covered by some form of recall? Makes keeping it a little easier knowing one of the largest cost failures is under some form or fashion of warranty.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Wonder if this means that since it’s being recalled if anyone has a failure is it now covered by some form of recall? Makes keeping it a little easier knowing one of the largest cost failures is under some form or fashion of warranty.
Hi: MAS... Wonder if "They" could recall the price of fuel? I recall when I could afford to go somewhere!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts