RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over 4 wild hogs, thankfully they were babies. In addition to beating up my bumper pretty good they hit an aluminum crossbar attached to what looks like some sort of actuator motor. Does anyone know what that part is called or what it does?
My truck is a 2020 Laramie Eco Diesel 4x4.
TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No air ride, I was guessing something to do with the air dam as well. It was dark and raining the whole bar and actuator were just hanging by the wire as the bracket on both sides was broken off so I unplugged the wires and threw it into the bed of the truck. I will find out for sure tomorrow.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy said ...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home..

Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I ran over 4 wild hogs, thankfully they were babies. In addition to beating up my bumper pretty good they hit an aluminum crossbar attached to what looks like some sort of actuator motor. Does anyone know what that part is called or what it does?
My truck is a 2020 Laramie Eco Diesel 4x4.
TIA
Hi: cdsonsini... They must have been real "Roadhogs"!!! LoL
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I lived in Juneau, I hit a black bear. He bounced off my front bumper, spun around and caved in my door. The guy behind me in a big Ford F350 ran over the top of the bear and it got up, shook off the dust and ran off across a field into the brush. Tough bastages!

·
Registered
2020 Ram 4x2 Eco Gen III, Laramie crew, air susp. DSA rear end, barn door tail gate
144 Posts
so you were hamming it up.....

some years ago, I did own an 07 Dakota, with that plastic front bumper, the ice storm of 08, back country road, lo water crossing, all ice, a little goat, a kid, was in the road, got out, picked him up, my aussie was going nutso, looked up, and here came momma, she destroyed that front bumper cap... the ole cliche, never get between a cow and the calf.... my insurance agent laughed her arz off, when she typed the claim in, State Farm claims division called, to validate... really... every one had a laugh...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts