RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has come and I would really like to join the "http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-purchasing/174-%5Bofficial%5D-ive-ordered-put-down-deposit-thread.html"
However before I do I would really like to get some opinions on the deal I got, I am not looking for the best deal on planet earth but I would like to not be screwed either, everyone needs to make some money.

Laramie Crew Cab 5'7" 4x2
Maximum Steel
Eco diesel (feels redundant even listing this :))
leather bucket seat black
remote start
rambox
Uconnect with Nav
wheel to wheel side steps
sunroof
anti spin
3.92 gears
spray in bed liner
park sense
trailer brake control
convenience group
tow hooks

I am at 47136 - 1500 in rebates
so 45636 + tax, tag, title

I was told the other rebates/incentives cannot be locked in (another $1500) if the truck gets delivered before the 31st of march which will not happen I would qualify, if not I have to wait to see what April brings but the first $1500 is locked in. (apparently the second 1500 is Chrysler capital cash back and some other promotion that cannot be locked in)

So all that being said what do you all think? And thinks in advance for any one that throws in their 2 cents.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well the time has come and I would really like to join the "http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-purchasing/174-%5Bofficial%5D-ive-ordered-put-down-deposit-thread.html"
However before I do I would really like to get some opinions on the deal I got, I am not looking for the best deal on planet earth but I would like to not be screwed either, everyone needs to make some money.

Laramie Crew Cab 5'7" 4x2
Maximum Steel
Eco diesel (feels redundant even listing this :))
leather bucket seat black
remote start
rambox
Uconnect with Nav
wheel to wheel side steps
sunroof
anti spin
3.92 gears
spray in bed liner
park sense
trailer brake control
convenience group
tow hooks

I am at 47136 - 1500 in rebates
so 45636 + tax, tag, title

I was told the other rebates/incentives cannot be locked in (another $1500) if the truck gets delivered before the 31st of march which will not happen I would qualify, if not I have to wait to see what April brings but the first $1500 is locked in. (apparently the second 1500 is Chrysler capital cash back and some other promotion that cannot be locked in)

So all that being said what do you all think? And thinks in advance for any one that throws in their 2 cents.
Sounds like they saw your desire exceed your discipline. But that's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I estimate you are around invoice price at 47136 (I came up with 47203 based on your build list). Without trying hard you can get 1% below invoice through preferred pricing programs, and you can ask for another 3% in dealer holdback. Plus any rebates. The dealer will still make a profit and they have no storage costs. So, I guesstimate the price is somewhat high.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
You got what I got if it's invoice. I am not paying any dealer fee also.

Now I can get any incentives that are active at delivery. I have no clue what those incentives might be and my delivery should be later this month. As it gets closer I will have to figure out how to find out if there are factory incentives I can possibly qualify for.

If you are happy with your deal then it's fine for you. Some people live to pinch every penny they can and base their level of success on that one issue. Nothing wrong with that as long as it does not really hurt others. Also a good thing to get the best price as long as the dealer pays it's bills and remains viable.

I can be happy you are happy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
EP by my calcs would be around $41,500

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I estimate you are around invoice price at 47136 (I came up with 47203 based on your build list). Without trying hard you can get 1% below invoice through preferred pricing programs, and you can ask for another 3% in dealer holdback. Plus any rebates. The dealer will still make a profit and they have no storage costs. So, I guesstimate the price is somewhat high.
Correct me if i am wrong .. with the initial 1500 off from invoice i am at 45636 + tax tag title, so your saying I should be at 46664 (which is 99% of 47136) at the very least then minus the 1500 in rebates?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong .. with the initial 1500 off from invoice i am at 45636 + tax tag title, so your saying I should be at 46664 (which is 99% of 47136) at the very least then minus the 1500 in rebates?
Does anyone know how exactly those incentives work?

Do they normally get applied to your deal at time of ordering? According to Chrysler incentives the $3500.00 in cash rebates that just expired where lockable. However, the sales manager claim they where not.

I could not get anywhere. They where resolved.

So I called Chrysler incentives again this morning and the woman told me that the dealers do not have to accept the incentives. But I would be welcome to submit a claim for direct reimbursement of those incentives to them and they would evaluate it.

I am just trying to find out how to play in that game.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
...so your saying I should be at 46664 (which is 99% of 47136) at the very least then minus the 1500 in rebates?
Yes, you would be at 45164 including the rebate.
Also ask for some or all of the 3% dealer holdback.

·
Registered
396 Posts
build the truck on truecar dot com. look at the MSRP then subtract 1195 for destination charge take that total and multiply it by .03 this will give you the dealer hold back.
truecar will also list the invoice price. you are aiming for invoice minus the hold back you just calculated minus all rebates you qualify for, plus tax. as others have said this is what you are aiming for, it is up to you have much you are willing to go up from there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up A '17 Big Horn 4wd crew cab with towing package and a few other options. List just under $52, negotiated price $36,300--I think that's agreat buy. Bought in Wisconsin at Van horn's in Manitowoc. They have a bunch of 2017's left.
Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
purchase price on 2017

I just picked up A '17 Big Horn 4wd crew cab with towing package and a few other options. List just under $52, negotiated price $36,300--I think that's agreat buy. Bought in Wisconsin at Van horn's in Manitowoc. They have a bunch of 2017's left.
Tom

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I didn’t score the deal I did on my Laramie I would have grabbed one of those from Van Horn. Flame red. They had 2 of them last I looked

·
Registered
829 Posts
We are talking a 2017 model, correct?

If so, that's higher than what most have been paying. Not a terrible deal, but you might feel that way in a year or two if you try to trade it in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We are talking a 2017 model, correct?

If so, that's higher than what most have been paying. Not a terrible deal, but you might feel that way in a year or two if you try to trade it in.

Best prices I have seen on the 17 Big Horns is in that 35-36 range depending on options. My Laramie was 39,300

·
Registered
829 Posts
Laramies right meow 33k @ elkgrove

They got like 200 of them
I didn't see any 4x2 laramies or any laramies at $33k, but I did see 4x4 models at $35k, which is just stupid. I paid $33k for my optioned out 2016 Lone Star 2WD and it was a really great deal at the time. Sticker at $48k.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Do a search on Cars.com and Autotrader. I just bet you can beat that deal my a few thousand. Don't be intimidated by flying into another location and driving home. Stick with the Rambox though, you will like love them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts