RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Hood Dented

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CaliEcoRam 
#1 ·
Did not notice it at delivery. Noticed it about a week ago. Bummer. It's dented right where you would place your hand to slam the thing shut. The dent does look like a thumb and part of the palm shoved right into the hood with no abrasion. Let's explore that a bit.

Since delivery literally hundreds of times I have watched dealer people open and close that hood to look, people stop and ask to look under the hood and I have opened and closed it quite often. It's not aligned in the center of the fenders and does take a good slam to get it to shut. I have had to close it again after a failed latching on occasion and others seem to close it on their own almost like a reflex action rather than asking. It's all innocent but...

The hood is aluminum. No magnetic attraction. Maybe it dents easily?

Firkins Chrysler/Ram in Bradenton, Fl. looked at it, listened to this story and said:

"Bring it in next Tuesday morning. We will give you a rental car, align the hood and fix the dent at NO CHARGE".

Two things to remember. Watch closing the hood. It may dent easily because it's aluminum. Then ask yourself, "Why didn't you buy at Firkins?"

See less See more
#3 ·
I also have a small dent near the front where a thumb would be pushed on it. I never noticed it, but a semi kicked up a rock and went around the front to inspect. I know it wasn't from a rock because the paint isn't chipped but its a small dent. Also I noticed my hood isn't aligned with the grille very good eitiher. I stared at the front and noticed on one side the grill has about an inch gap between itself and the hood. On the other side it's more like a half inch. I'm sure no one has noticed but now it drives me nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.