RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Hoping that I just put my last tank of gasoline in my Tundra

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ShaneM 
#1 ·
So, this morning, I'm mixed. I just dumped a "whopping" 18.5 gallons of gasoline in my 08 tundra that has, by and large, treated me pretty good and done what I've asked it to do...faithfully. MPG's and Toyota being behind the ball on new technologies to improve fuel consumption have me trading her in. It's got over 100K on it now and little things here and there start to nickel and dime. That 18.5 gallons won't last long @ 14 mpg. This new one won't have the payload or quite the towing capacity, but my needs for that have diminished recently after getting rid of pretty hefty travel trailer (I wouldn't tow one that large without a larger truck anyhow...not again).

My new 3.0 liter should be arriving shortly...hopefully before this tank is gone. First Dodge (...I mean RAM) I've ever purchased, but looking forward to it.

From one Truck of the Year to another...Cheers!

#2 ·
Jason, Still waiting for mine. Was to be delivered on 3/24/14 or 3/25/14, never showed up. New delivery date of 3/28/14 or 3/29/14, never showed up. Don't know what to believe. The assembly plant is about 200 miles away from my dealer. Truck was built 2/28/14. Oh well! Sold my Yota 4 Runner on 3/27/14. That vehicle at best got 21 MPG on the highway with a tailwind, about 16 MPG around town. Will be nice to drive something that gets decent MPG.

#3 ·
As soon as my Ram arrives, I'll be trading in our 2008 Sequoia (Tundra platform) for the same reasons Jason states, low MPG relative to Ram ED mostly. Also, warranty ran out at 60K and had to replace the water pump at 63.7K plus a few other "recalls". It's good passenger and light towing vehicle and someone will enjoy it, but it will not be me. Time to get a real truck with better MPGs.

#4 ·
Same story here, new Ecodiesel was set to arrive next Monday on 4/7 already been pushed back to 4/11 or whenever....a

#6 ·
And now we're pushed back to 4/15....

#9 ·
Yup, I m. All the new accessories are in the garage and the snow is almost gone along with the road salt residue. Won't bother me a bit to have it salt free till next fall...

#11 ·
Traded my 2010 Tundra CrewMax in earlier this week for a Crew Cab 1500 ED. The Ram is quieter than my Tundra and in the first 150 miles fuel economy was averaging 3 mpg better in city driving (22 and climbing) than I ever got under any conditions with my Tundra, which never broke 19 mpg. Looking forward to much improved fuel economy, especially when towing. Even with my open car trailer the Tundra would barely get out of single digits and dropped to 8 with the enclosed trailer.

The Tundra had an issue shortly after I picked it up and never missed a beat after that. Today the 1500ED got towed to the dealer as it sprang a fuel leak someplace in the engine bay. Hope it is the first and last issue for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.