RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
In addition to calling to file an official complaint with the FCA I have also filed a safety complaint with NHTSA: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
I would suggest more file official complaints to force their hand to do something about the changes after the AEM updates. My acceleration has become so bad its a huge safety hazard to drive and try to merge as I had to pull to the side of the road many times because of it.
Just filed a complaint. This is going to be interesting...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Just filed a complaint. This is going to be interesting...
I Filed a complaint with FCA after a month they closed it and said they were aware of the problem. Needless to say I am very unhappy. So I told them to put in an email they were aware of the problem and had no plans of doing anything about it. So my case manager did. I the forwarded all that to the NHTSA and opened a complaint with them. We will see where this goes. That was last Friday:mad::mad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Reads just like all the paid endorsements sft used to push on other forums/pages.
Ahhhh, really! Then can you explain the $900 debit not my account took to install this so called endorsement? Why should anyone have to shell out a butt load of money to get their truck running the way it's supposed to? I resisted spending anything for as long as I could, even looking at the Duramax HD, but it was fiscally easier to install both tunes than trade in a truck. So far I'm extremely happy with the results. So until you've had the opportunity to test out SKT tuning software, acknowledge that GDE doesn't have a monopoly on Ecodiesle tunes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am considering this. Have you had to put back your original tune? Does the software accommodate a restore to your original saved file? I seen on the website sofa king charge $50 for retuning but not sure why if you have the original tune in a file.
Good question...I would have to direct that to SKT. The transmission tune I have on my laptop. The ECU tune is uploaded to the server so I couldn't save it to file. It resides in his server so I can request the original tune and it will be available within a day. Not sure if there's a charge for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ahhhh, really! Then can you explain the $900 debit not my account took to install this so called endorsement? Why should anyone have to shell out a butt load of money to get their truck running the way it's supposed to? I resisted spending anything for as long as I could, even looking at the Duramax HD, but it was fiscally easier to install both tunes than trade in a truck. So far I'm extremely happy with the results. So until you've had the opportunity to test out SKT tuning software, acknowledge that GDE doesn't have a monopoly on Ecodiesle tunes.
First off....so I am not accused of being a SK shill I purchased GDE. But I do think that if SK works well it sure is a good buy. I noticed over the 4th of July SF had a 20% discount, that would put the cost of the ECM and TCM tune combo at about $720.00.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Good question...I would have to direct that to SKT. The transmission tune I have on my laptop. The ECU tune is uploaded to the server so I couldn't save it to file. It resides in his server so I can request the original tune and it will be available within a day. Not sure if there's a charge for it.
Jimmy told me there is no charge for restoring am ECM tune on file.
There is no charge when Jimmy updates an ECM tune (another great service).
The $50.00 charge applies to an AEM update tune or to restore when a dealer flashes over your SFT ECM tune.

If you let a dealer flash over the TCM tune it bricks the device and costs $150.00 and a send to Italy to get it restored.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got back from my first drive with GDE installed. Went with a completely basic hot tune, and honestly this is how the truck should drive. Nothing over the top, good smooth power, lag is gone. Hopefully get my mpg back and the EGR garbage is off. Emissions compliant tune is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Emissions compliant tune is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Which tune are you referring to? You surely don’t think programming that deactivates the EGR valve is emission compliant.

I am not bashing tuning at all. I do believe it is necessary to keep this truck running well for a long time. But let’s take it for what it is, an emissions defeat device....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
My truck was reprogrammed two days ago. I picked it up at 7am. Upon starting it and driving away, the throttle response was noticeably lagging.... I mean it was horrible to the point of dangerous, leaving me in an intersection for too long.

But, once the truck was fully warmed up, it improved dramatically. Warmed up, I actually didn't notice any difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Filed a complaint with FCA after a month they closed it and said they were aware of the problem. Needless to say I am very unhappy. So I told them to put in an email they were aware of the problem and had no plans of doing anything about it. So my case manager did. I the forwarded all that to the NHTSA and opened a complaint with them. We will see where this goes. That was last Friday:mad::mad:
Filing a complaint with FCA is useless. Call Lieff-Cabraser. They are the law firm handling the issues we are all having. They are NOT FCA's law firm. They keep in touch with the DOJ on this situation.They have a ton of complaints from us and the similiar problems we are all having. They need all the info they can get to get this straightened out for us. I don't even like driving mine anymore. However the poor performance makes my 6.0 powerstroke feel like a McLaren :eek:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Filing a complaint with FCA is useless. Call Lieff-Cabraser. They are the law firm handling the issues we are all having. They are NOT FCA's law firm. They keep in touch with the DOJ on this situation.They have a ton of complaints from us and the similiar problems we are all having. They need all the info they can get to get this straightened out for us. I don't even like driving mine anymore. However the poor performance makes my 6.0 powerstroke feel like a McLaren :eek:
Had a very good thorough conversation with above attorney yesterday. Long story, but this is going further.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Have not been here in a while. I did all required and was in first batch of checks. My Jeep Rubicon has 12000 lb Warn wench and bumpers. After the update in May never had an issue until yesterday. Pulled my trailer and after unloading the dump trailer the transmission would not engage and the shifter blinked. The message was Not in Park. Turned it off for a while which is not the best thing to be on top of a landfill with a full trailer. After getting the trailer off the truck I did get the slow motion bogging feeling. Happened a couple of times.

At the dealership today they mentioned an ED was left with a problem and they would call me back if it was the same thing. That ED lost power and the driver started it back up and they think the engine is blown. It overheated. Said they can not talk to me about the Update, just leave it.

I went and talked to the Service Manager and President and asked for the old microcode knowing they won’t. Asked them to sell me a 2500 Lar Longhorn Diesel that I don’t trust this truck anymore. They asked me to send them an email directly and leave my truck on Friday to just hookup and scan.

Is it GDE time or 2500?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Have not been here in a while. I did all required and was in first batch of checks. My Jeep Rubicon has 12000 lb Warn wench and bumpers. After the update in May never had an issue until yesterday. Pulled my trailer and after unloading the dump trailer the transmission would not engage and the shifter blinked. The message was Not in Park. Turned it off for a while which is not the best thing to be on top of a landfill with a full trailer. After getting the trailer off the truck I did get the slow motion bogging feeling. Happened a couple of times.

At the dealership today they mentioned an ED was left with a problem and they would call me back if it was the same thing. That ED lost power and the driver started it back up and they think the engine is blown. It overheated. Said they can not talk to me about the Update, just leave it.

I went and talked to the Service Manager and President and asked for the old microcode knowing they won’t. Asked them to sell me a 2500 Lar Longhorn Diesel that I don’t trust this truck anymore. They asked me to send them an email directly and leave my truck on Friday to just hookup and scan.

Is it GDE time or 2500?

Forgot to add mileage sucks. Can’t get above 23 highway and 17 city. The truck has only 24K 2015 and the trailer is in my profile pic.

·
Administrator
8,465 Posts

Is it GDE time or 2500?

Did you by any chance have your door open? Are you saying you have a Jeep Rubicon has 12000 lb Warn wench and bumpers with ecodiesel?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Did you by any chance have your door open? Are you saying you have a Jeep Rubicon has 12000 lb Warn wench and bumpers with ecodiesel?
No, FCA paid for my jeeps setup with the check.

I was on top of a landfill on a dry day. Long story the county changed rules and demo can’t be dumped together. The doors remained closed due to dust from being on dirt on top of trash. The trans would not engage into any gear. But I did open the door to talk to the guy on the earth mover to tell him I can’t move. That’s when I probably noticed the message on the panel. Your correct.

·
Administrator
8,465 Posts
No, FCA paid for my jeeps setup with the check.

I was on top of a landfill on a dry day. Long story the county changed rules and demo can’t be dumped together. The doors remained closed due to dust from being on dirt on top of trash. The trans would not engage into any gear. But I did open the door to talk to the guy on the earth mover to tell him I can’t move. That’s when I probably noticed the message on the panel. Your correct.

Oh Jeep upgrades courtesy of FCA! How did you get it back in gear?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was browsing the grand Cherokee ED forum yesterday and they are reporting the same issues. One person said the dealer gave them a form to write down all of their issues/feedback on the tune. I haven't seen any reports of that on here. My mileage isn't affected as far as I can tell, throttle response is another story. I'm browsing around trying to figure out what I'm trading this in for.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My truck was reprogrammed two days ago. I picked it up at 7am. Upon starting it and driving away, the throttle response was noticeably lagging.... I mean it was horrible to the point of dangerous, leaving me in an intersection for too long.

But, once the truck was fully warmed up, it improved dramatically. Warmed up, I actually didn't notice any difference.
Same here but now it’s acting up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 216 Posts