RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m heading to the dealer tomorrow so that can scan my ED. Obviously they won’t find a thing. They are aware I filed a case with FCA. The dam thing is under warranty and they need to fix it. They can’t.

I’ll return it as many times as I need. Does anyone know if Lemon laws apply in this case. I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,208 Posts
I’m heading to the dealer tomorrow so that can scan my ED. Obviously they won’t find a thing. They are aware I filed a case with FCA. The dam thing is under warranty and they need to fix it. They can’t.

I’ll return it as many times as I need. Does anyone know if Lemon laws apply in this case. I doubt it.

What's the version number of your AEM?

·
Administrator
8,208 Posts
Except for claims of personal injury or wrongful death. I think you gave up all other rights once you sign the release and collect your check

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am one of many that had the dealer flash the ECU regarding the ecodiesel settlement. The truck (2016 eco RAM) always had a bit of a throttle response issue, but now it is much worse. It also is sluggish going uphill with a load on the tongue, I have to manually downshift to gain any power. I've driven it this way for several weeks now, and not getting any better. I have a scheduled service again with the dealer regarding the complaints, we'll see what they say.

I hear everyone saying how great the GDE tune is. But man, it's really depressing that I have to shell out to 3rd party ~$1200 to "fix" my truck engine/transmission, for something that the truck should just have from the get-go. And then I have to jump through hoops to have the truck serviced from that point forward (de-tune, etc.)

·
Registered
866 Posts
I am one of many that had the dealer flash the ECU regarding the ecodiesel settlement. The truck (2016 eco RAM) always had a bit of a throttle response issue, but now it is much worse. It also is sluggish going uphill with a load on the tongue, I have to manually downshift to gain any power. I've driven it this way for several weeks now, and not getting any better. I have a scheduled service again with the dealer regarding the complaints, we'll see what they say.

I hear everyone saying how great the GDE tune is. But man, it's really depressing that I have to shell out to 3rd party ~$1200 to "fix" my truck engine/transmission, for something that the truck should just have from the get-go. And then I have to jump through hoops to have the truck serviced from that point forward (de-tune, etc.)
Yea it’s just a crap situation all together. I agree that you shouldn’t have to tune it to negate the terrible AEM flash. But it seems like that is mostly the case.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yesterday towing 5klb boat the cooling fan ran almost continuously. Sluggish is an understatement. Fumes in the cab.

I did try tow haul mode. It seemed to make it more responsive. I can just imagine how this will impact resale value.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I had the dealer perform the update 2 months ago. I waited to report my experience to make sure I had a good sampling of data. My experiences are like mohrt.
-I lost almost a full MPG traveling the same roads I traveled before the update.
-Towing a boat trailer and starting off up hill from a stop is the worst experience. The motor doesn't immediately make any effort to windup when pressing the accelerator. It just sits there for 3-4 second and then crawls up the hill.
-The truck has lost torque from a stand still. I bought a diesel for the torque. I used to always be surprised how the rear wheels would spin when lightly touching the accelerator. Now the road has to be damp for the wheels to spin under medium accelerator pressure.
-In slow moving traffic 2-3 mph I could take my foot of the accelerator and it would crawl along at the pace of the traffic. Now it crawls much slower.
-The transmission shift point going down a steep hill is better, the motor compression would hold me back so much I used to descend very slowly. Now, the motor compression still holds me back but the truck coasts down the hill a little faster.

I have two Mopars but this will be my last. I am going back to Toyota.
I think I am going to take it back to the dealer but I feel I will just be wasting my time. Are they going to hook up a 2000# trailer to reproduce my dissatisfaction with towing? Do they even have a different version of the AEM flash to reinstall? (2015 Ram - 18V08185 - CEMGV081AA (LABEL KIT)

And I also have been waiting for my documentation to be accepted on the FCA recall website. I sent in the paperwork a week after I had the software installed. And even after they accept the paperwork I am told it is still a two month wait.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dealership just left me a message. Not to bring my truck in until they hear back from FCA. “Want to deal with this carefully”.

Is it time to ask them to start replacing everything under new warranty until it’s fixed, shotgun. Not bring F’ing funny.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dealership just left me a message. Not to bring my truck in until they hear back from FCA. “Want to deal with this carefully”.

Is it time to ask them to start replacing everything under new warranty until it’s fixed, shotgun. Not bring F’ing funny.

I find mine in tow haul mode is more responsive. Seems closer to the old days..,,,

·
Registered
813 Posts
Except for claims of personal injury or wrongful death. I think you gave up all other rights once you sign the release and collect your check
We signed off that avg fuel economy, drivability,durability will not be effected. I listen to that message every time I call the hot line.

They can't run from that boss.

·
Registered
813 Posts
True, but drivability,fuel economy, are not to be effected. The attorney I talked to agrees this is a factor that needs to be proven for further compensation. Dyno test need to be done to get repeated confirmed cold start delays recorded, alongside any loss of advertised hp or torque. They are on it.....

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have the number? They need to hear from as many of us as possible.

Contact Lieff Cabraser
Please use the form below to contact Lieff Cabraser for a free, no-obligation review of your case or question. You can also call us toll-free at 1 800 541-7358

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just came back from a week long vacation. 2016 RAM ecodiesel, 36k miles. I pulled a ~7000lb camper across a couple hundred miles of Iowa interstate with speedo locked at 67mph. I averaged about 10mpg. Is that normal? It seems low. I had the settlement tune done several weeks back.

·
Super Moderator
2,955 Posts
If it’s a box front and you are going west into a common headwind out there then yes. Mine with both ECM & TCM tunes, cruise set on 65, and averaging both directions or no wind will average 14.0 to 14.2 with a box TT hand calculated. Speed and a little headwind kills fuel economy with a box front TT.

Above 65 with a box, load or drag increases sharply unless you are going downhill or have the wind to your back. Also gearing starts to get out of its optimum efficiency or peak torque at least for the 3.92 & 33s. Consequently fuel economy drops sharply relatively speaking. Put with a long hill it’s also where people really tax their cooling system.

FWIW best any of the tuned big diesel 3/4 tons towing the same load and running with me will do is to average 12.0. That’s 18 percent more fuel. So everyday every time we stop for fuel and I spend $100 on fuel they $118. And that’s the best case scenario for them usually the difference is greater.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Limited and have the same issue. I called my Dealer in Las Vegas, they stated many complaints and waiting for new software. Please let me know if anyone hears any good news

201 - 216 of 216 Posts