RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the V08 update done on May3 2019 is there a newer update then that. Sorry I am a new owner, have only owned for 2 weeks and I have P20EE light that came on leaving dealership after buying. feeling like I have made big mistake and truck is back at the dealer. if I would have found this website before my purchase I would have went another way.

·
Registered
928 Posts
^^^^ See post 218

Reactions: Kazimodo

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dealer has installed new software update on my 2016 ED few days ago when did the replacement of DPF under warranty few days ago. I had to pay $120 for this update but it was worth it. It fixed all the problems and now the truck is drivable even when engine is still cold. What a relief.
I just made an appointment. Dealer called it a VB1 recall. Glad I read this thread! Looking forward to more power MAN IS IT A DOG OUT OF THE WHOLE since the AEM flash last Fall.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
The VB1 is the recall for the leaking EGR cooler I believe
OMG Really? They wanted $1700 last week to put a new water pump in my truck because I brought it in saying I smelled anti-freeze occasionally.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So I just called the dealer back. A new server person told me there is NO fix for the VB1.......I said well they just booked an appointment for me on doing that recall? She said sorry they must have been mistaken.
She is unable to tell me if there is a newer AEM flash so now I am going to swing in and have them plug into my truck to find out. Then they are not sure if it will be covered!? WTF

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I just called the dealer back. A new server person told me there is NO fix for the VB1.......I said well they just booked an appointment for me on doing that recall? She said sorry they must have been mistaken.
She is unable to tell me if there is a newer AEM flash so now I am going to swing in and have them plug into my truck to find out. Then they are not sure if it will be covered!? WTF
yeah I was surprised and was a bit excited thinking that new EGR coolers were beginning to get installed because I need one to. let me know if they updated the original V08 AEM.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Stopped at dealer today and went out with (useless) serv. mgr to talk to their best diesel tech that I like. He knew all about the lag problems with the first version of the V08 and confirmed that it has been updated/changed. Spoke some technical jargon to the SM, something like 'it was RK now is RA' or something. I felt like he was saying that it was originally an update to the AEM but is now considered the standard program and not just a secondary update. So I'm taking my 2015 in to him today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It’s sounds like GDE is almost ready to release their emissions compliant tune. It sounds pretty impressive. They know their stuff. I would look into that, it would be cheaper than getting an ECM from Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s sounds like GDE is almost ready to release their emissions compliant tune. It sounds pretty impressive. They know their stuff. I would look into that, it would be cheaper than getting an ECM from Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding a throttle controller fixed the lag instantly on my ram, around 160 bucks I believe. I went with a lesser-known brand and it WORKS WELL. I wanted something without all the confusing menus and 'modes':

221 - 231 of 231 Posts