RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
An easy feat to accomplish with the ecodiesel's tendencies toward early death
Hi: shaggn85... If your "Reluctor wheel" makes you feel reluctant... you're probably predisposed to it. Due to a pre existing condition this vehicle will "Self destruct" any day now!!! LoL
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the information. I should be good. I had never heard of a tone or reluctor wheel before and thought it was inside transmission. First diesel truck I owned. Driven company owned diesel trucks 15 years in Mack Trucks

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Common enough for me to buy a new tone wheel and put it in my glovebox. $43 at local dealership.
Is there a new part number?

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,062 Posts
Living in fear of reluctor wheel failure, one of the many joys of social media.

Before the internet we would just drive.
There may be some negatives but thanks to social media aka this forum I for ram to reimburse my tone wheel replacement instead of eating a $1900 bill for a poorly designed and idiotically located cheap part.

·
Registered
2017 Laramie eco about to be tuned and deleted at 30k. Forget that it’s now hp tuned and deleted.
155 Posts
Yes the new tone wheel came with a new engine.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This is a valid concern for anyone with the mentioned affected year models and it should be, defective parts are no joke.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 with 113k miles. Headed to Maine from Florida next week. Only concern is tone wheel. Got new engine 9k miles ago. Not going to shut off truck at fuel stops. I had the w58 software update done. Who has experienced failure and how many miles?
Curious as to why you’re not going to shut off truck at fuel stops? At ~5-10 min per fuel stop could add up to an hour of idling on your trip?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I almost always leave my truck idling when I fill up. Some of that is habit (allowing the turbo to cool).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts