RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Embarrassed to say I can't figure this out. Every time I start up the truck (2016 Laramie ED) the radio comes on. I know how to mute the radio, but have not figured out how to shut it down. I really don't like the radio coming on each time I start up. Please help! :)

Scott

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion. Volume 0 when you leave the truck.

·
Registered
13,715 Posts
Probably different kinds of radios in different models. On mine you just push in on the volume knob.

First post - Welcome!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The consensus seems to be that it cannot be turned off. Some radios may power off as Captain mentions above, but pressing the volume on mine just mutes the radio. I'm all ears if someone knows otherwise. I think about it just about every time I'm in the truck. I love the engine sound (wife and kids think I'm weird) and don't listen to the radio that much.

Reactions: Captainmal

·
Registered
730 Posts
I believe this is not an option due to the necessity of the back up camera to be operational on the fly at any time. It's an integration issue I'd bet.

·
Registered
13,715 Posts
Heard that some of the fancier model radios do not shut off. When I press in on my volume knob, the whole screen goes dark. Always assume that's off. It stays dark unless I press it in again to maybe see what time it is. Then off it goes unless news or Bluegrass is important. I also like to hear the motor and kind of feel how things are running.

·
Registered
939 Posts
One might think of it as a "Control Panel". The radio is just one function it performs. On the model I have it controls many other functions like climate control, air ride, navigation and satellite. It doesn't just shut off. If you want quiet just change the function to something like USB. Radio is no longer an electronic devise, It's merely a programming function. (There's an app for that;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. The good news is that I'm not insane, it really doesn't shut off. The bad news is, I find it annoying. If I'm listing to the radio and then mute it, it doesn't remember that for when I start it up again. So if my last station is out of range for example, it starts with the nice welcoming sound of static. Sigh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm annoyed by the fact the screen never turns off. It might look black when you hit the "screen off" button, but the backlight is still pretty bright when you're on a dark road in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roegs, I have the radio off all the time and I listen to the hum of my Hemi.. oh yeah. But the radio is on Vol zero. It's as dumb as the round shift knob next to the air conditioning knob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks all. The good news is that I'm not insane, it really doesn't shut off. The bad news is, I find it annoying. If I'm listing to the radio and then mute it, it doesn't remember that for when I start it up again. So if my last station is out of range for example, it starts with the nice welcoming sound of static. Sigh.
volume zero is your best bet. or turn it to am 580 where you hear the engine electromagnetic sound. It's nice.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I only use Eudora via bluetooth, so when I startup unless I turn on the phone with eudora silence.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DEF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Piped, B
107 Posts
The sound of my straight piped ecod puts a smile on my face. Got a little louder when I deleted the EGR

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi Folks,

Embarrassed to say I can't figure this out. Every time I start up the truck (2016 Laramie ED) the radio comes on. I know how to mute the radio, but have not figured out how to shut it down. I really don't like the radio coming on each time I start up. Please help! :)

Scott
Hi: smills... Big brother is listening too!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts