RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I decided that I wanted to find out how close Ram was to starting my truck build so I called the customer service dept. and they told me that my truck build was waiting for all the necessary parts and it may take a week or to too start my build. Well I received an email today that stated my truck was now being built and when i clicked on the status update, vots showed i was in the trim phase.

So if your trucks already been built, how long did it take to finish once they started? Just Curious

·
Registered
255 Posts
Still waiting...stuck at D1 Status. Which number do you call for Canada? I had to go to the dealership to find out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the North Texas area and just called the number on the contact us section on the bottom of the vots page.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It should only 30-40 hours of production time to build your truck. The plant is running two 10 hours shifts so it will be 2 days to get built. Unless you have a QA problem and it is held in inspection for corrections.

Mine was scheduled for Mar 3 and completed on Mar 5. Then if you have side steps or spray in bedliner, it will be shuttled to the body vendor (outside contracted facility) for those items. That will take 2-3 days. Then its a crap shoot as to how long it will take to ship. If you are close to Warren MI, it could be quick. If it needs one or more train rides, you could be 3-4 weeks easily.

I'm a 2.5 hour drive from the plant and it just arrived at the dealership today. So that was 3 weeks from the time it was built to the time it reached the dealer. And it only had to get on one truck. it could take 4-6 weeks or more if you are travelling by train.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received a call from my dealer and he said it's in inspection now an i might get it as early as late next week. WOW, didn't expect that.
Still show up as being in trim though on vots

·
Registered
346 Posts
It should only 30-40 hours of production time to build your truck. The plant is running two 10 hours shifts so it will be 2 days to get built. Unless you have a QA problem and it is held in inspection for corrections.

Mine was scheduled for Mar 3 and completed on Mar 5. Then if you have side steps or spray in bedliner, it will be shuttled to the body vendor (outside contracted facility) for those items. That will take 2-3 days. Then its a crap shoot as to how long it will take to ship. If you are close to Warren MI, it could be quick. If it needs one or more train rides, you could be 3-4 weeks easily.

I'm a 2.5 hour drive from the plant and it just arrived at the dealership today. So that was 3 weeks from the time it was built to the time it reached the dealer. And it only had to get on one truck. it could take 4-6 weeks or more if you are travelling by train.

Hope this helps.
30-40 hrs.?! Just got this email gem from my father-in-law. Bombers were made faster during WWII :)

Reactions: parco

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
It took 55 minutes between planes but way, way longer from the start of the line to the end. There may have been weeks before the first one hit the end but once it got there the others were right behind That's the way it is with the trucks but probably quite a bit shorter start to finish. I watched a Harley line in Pennsylvania and it was just a couple days start to finish once all the parts are made and ready.

Neat video by the way. I was born in 1944 and have a "thing" about that year.

Actual truck production or assembly, what ever you want to call it, is only a couple days. Obviously they paint the body ahead of time, get all the parts together and in line so that when the frame starts down the line all the other stuff is ready to bolt on or in.

My Feb. 7th order was started and done early March. It took about two to three weeks to arrive and got here early morning on the 24th. I just happened to stop by the dealership for the first time in a month that morning and it had just come in. Pick-up for me is tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My truck (Longhorn) went into build Monday morning and yesterday at 2:00 pm when I checked on it, it was in shipping........now I'll wait on a rail car for a while I guess. I live in deep south Texas near Corpus Christi.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine has been 5 days in inspection so i called ram cs and the told me it will land at the dealer in North Texas Mon. He said 4/6 but i figured that's Sun. I wish I had it for the races this weekend at the Texas Moor Speedway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was built 2 weeks ago and it has been at the body vendor for a week and a half. Has anyone else's truck taken this long at the body vendor? I am hoping they haven't updated their system and it has shipped but I doubt it. It seems like a lot of trucks are being built and shipped within a couple days after they are built according to the forums. I ordered mine on February 7th and have been patient so far but now that I know it has been built I am getting impatient.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Seems like lately, it's only taking 3 days.

·
Registered
177 Posts
30-40 hrs.?! Just got this email gem from my father-in-law. Bombers were made faster during WWII :)

Great video. They needed to state how many man hours total were in making one of those bombers.

Gave dealer a deposit on 2/8/14. Dealer placed order with Ram on 2/10/14. Truck came off the assembly line either 2/27/14 or 2/28/14. Truck delivered to the dealer on 3/31/14. About seven weeks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ordered on 2/3. Built on 3/6 shipped on 3/22. Delivery to dealer is scheduled on 4/7. Interesting that I just got an email today stating "Congratulations, your truck has been built". Basically, the email updates are terrible. Chat with customer service and ask them the status. They will give you accurate information that matches the dealer (use same system).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Dealer placed my order 2/10, truck built 3/19, shipped to body vendor 3/24 and is still there. Anyone have an idea how long it takes at the Body Vendor before it ships to dealer? Customer service has not been able to provide any info beyond "its been shipped to the body vendor which is a necessary last step in your build process". Seems like it shouldn't take more than a couple days to install the Rambox. I've been patient but knowing its built i'm getting anxious.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ordered 3/6 built 4/1 waiting on shipping now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine was one of the first ordered, Dec 23/13 in Canada. Kind of frustrating that US orders made in February are already delivered. Perhaps my 3.92 rear axle held it up?

It was scheduled to be built on March 19 and everything has progressed smoothly since then. March 19 Frame, 20th Paint, 21st Trim. Then Monday, Mar 24 Body vendor and 25 - 28 Awaiting and staged for shipment. Monday Mar 31 it was enroute in Michigan and yesterday, April 2 and today 3rd it is in Illinois. Probably in Chicago "where it may change trains and head for Edmonton". Will be trucked from there and dealer schedule shows about April 15 delivery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dealer placed my order 2/10, truck built 3/19, shipped to body vendor 3/24 and is still there. Anyone have an idea how long it takes at the Body Vendor before it ships to dealer? Customer service has not been able to provide any info beyond "its been shipped to the body vendor which is a necessary last step in your build process". Seems like it shouldn't take more than a couple days to install the Rambox. I've been patient but knowing its built i'm getting anxious.
The units go from the vendor back to the plant for final inspection before shipping. Nothing goes from a vendor to dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
267 Posts
The units go from the vendor back to the plant for final inspection before shipping. Nothing goes from a vendor to dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That makes sense getting sent back to and inspected by Ram before shipping to dealer. My question really is how long does it take at the vendor? RamBox and Sprayed bedliner are the vendor options i ordered. When I call customer service their system shows that it was shipped to body vendor on March 24th and is still there. They do not have any further info to give me. Seems like 2 weeks is excessive for accessories when the truck was built in just 2 days. Has anyone made it to shipping status or taken delivery that also ordered the Rambox w/bedliner on their truck that can chime in?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts