RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 25th I ordered my EcoDiesel Big Horn Crew Cab. Nothing unusual except for the 3.92 rear end. On 4/11, it rolled off the assembly line for shipping. I was thrilled, it seemed to be record time. Off it went to the train yard where it was loaded and sent to Nashville, 75 miles away from me. It arrived on 4/18 and was unloaded on 4/19. It has been there ever since. Delivery date to the dealer has now changed several times, now the 23rd. I called customer service and they informed me that it had been released for shipping and if it did not get to the dealer within 30 days they would escalate the issue. I have to wonder how a company like Chrysler can stand having all that inventory in transit. I has to cost them a fortune. I used to work for UPS. If we ran our logistics that way we would have been out of business long ago.

Well, the newest date for delivery was yesterday so I guess we will see it when we see it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You have done very well so far on your wait mine was ordered 3/6 and got to its final rail destination on 4/17 and like you I am waiting for it to make it to the dealer. If you really want to get it sometimes the dealer can get the area rep involved and go get it from the yard or you should get it anytime as it is only a short truck ride away. Good luck the wait is the worst.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
3~4 weeks seems to be normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked with CS this morning. Spoke to a very nice agent but she was unable to see any update since it was unloaded from the rail car. She did comment that it could be on inspection hold. If the truck was damaged in any way, it is held until the damage is documented and a decision is made what to do for repairs. She said it usually goes to the dealer but not always. She also said that she has no idea if that happened. Driving me crazy because I am going to have to deliver my old truck to its new owner so no truck at all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I live of west of Kalamazoo Michigan which is about 200 miles from Warren Michigan where the truck is made. Took about 32 days for it to get to the dealer that is about seven minutes away from my house.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered mine on Feb 8 as well. Built on Mar 18 and I'm still waiting for delivery. It's made it to the local rail yard--but only two days ago! Experience varies for all.... :confused:

·
Registered
334 Posts
All quad and crew cab ram 1500s are built in MI which has been the only configurations available with the diesel thus far regular cabs are built in Mexico along with the ram 2500 and 3500's

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The VOTs website is down. Called and said my build status is D1, or gate line schedule - scheduled to be built. Anyone know how long to get to "frame" or being bulk status, after D1?
If they said it was in "D1"... they should have given you a build date. Generally, it's around 3 weeks from the point where it changed to D1, to be built.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, mine was unloaded in an Atlanta, GA railyard on 4/26/14 and left the railyard on 4/28/14 1:00 AM according to the records. But it took until 5/2/14 to arrive at the dealer some 30 miles away. But it eventually got there and that's all that matters!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine sits at the Birmingham, AL rail yard, awhile back SPP gave me a 6/2ish delivery date to my dealer which is about 234 miles away. I am hoping he is right as next week should provide me with some down time to enjoy the truck and get window tinting, Roll N Lock, etc. Tomorrow is exactly five weeks since I ordered the truck and my dealer said within six weeks he'd have it. We shall see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts