RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys need some help on my Jeep Ecodiesel egr cooler replacement. See following note I posted on the Jeep site. I know the RAM has gotten this done before the cooler was available for Jeeps.

I have a question. With the help of Jeep Cares (thanks Rob), they sent the new EGR cooler to my local dealer. When they called to make an appointment with me, they said they would need it all week. What has been the experience of forum members on getting your EGR cooler replaced under warranty. How long did they have your Jeep? I'm thinking they are going to do this on the side while they do other business. Really don't want the loss of the Jeep for a week.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I can't speak to how long it would take to perform on a Jeep, but on the Ram it's a 3 hour job. I'm sure one the guys can check what the book is showing for labor hours for a Jeep.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My 2015 1500 had the work done in about 4 hours. Dealer wanted it for the day but called early to tell me it was done.

Reactions: TexasJoe

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The service department called me once they had the parts. It took the tech a few hours to complete the job.

My dealer has a designated EcoDiesel tech. He literally works on EcoDiesels (Ram, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, and Gladiator) fulltime. I noticed that he has 2 - 3 EcoDiesels in the shop at any given time. He jumps from EcoDiesel to EcoDiesel as he waits on parts, warranty approval, etc. It's a very efficient way to work on several vehicles at one time, but it also means that a vehicle could be in the shop for a few days. For example, I had my water pump and several o-rings replaced under warranty. They kept my truck for 3 days due to an o-ring that was slow to come in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.