RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Have you had battery or charging warnings?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I just picked mine up from service dept with 300 miles and less than 1 week old. Daily charge error messages, check engine light, water in diesel light and 2 no starts where a jump was required. they could not find an issue and tell me a software push that went out on the 25th may fix it....it can take up to 30 days for the truck to update itself...and the dealer can't do it. None of this sounds right to me. I can see a software update fixing a faulty battery message...but not a draining battery...unless maybe a module is not shutting of which is causing the drain. I am going to call Ram tomorrow. Brand new $74k truck that is not reliably going to start and no one seems to care. Dishonest sales dept cleared the check engine light when I picked the truck up and told me it was nothing, just a battery that had a low charge from being on their lot for only 4 weeks. Shame on me for believing them.

· Registered
4 Posts
I wrote on 11/29 - I still have no truck. it has been at the dealer since. not even 250 miles. It is discouraging the lack of support we get after such a large purchase. I have a Case opened with Ram - and am told engineering is working on it, but I bought this truck almost 1 month ago and have never had it work. Ram says the dealer should swap it out. The dealer does not care and disagrees. Not much I can do I guess until we hit 30 days. dealer is going to try a new battery and see if it is just a bad battery, even though it tests fine. will know more next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts