RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I changed my oil yesterday. Page 103 of the diesel supplement says 8 qts. with oil filter. Page 118 of the RAM site download version says the same thing. I drained about 10.5 qts. and refiled with the same amount. The dipstick is in the middle of the low/high range. This is very strange. Is it a mistake? By the way the Mopar 68229402AA is the right filter. I bought it from ebay. It was listed as interchangeable for the RAM and Jeep ED.

IMG_0065.JPG

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Dealer told me 10.5

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the amount my dealer told me too. You can clearly see that the diesel supplement says 8 qts. Very strange.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There should have been a paper supplement with your owners manual updating the capacity to 10.5 quarts. If you didnt put that amount back in you should do it immediately. I think the capacity was increased for additional oil cooling.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There should have been a paper supplement with your owners manual updating the capacity to 10.5 quarts. If you didnt put that amount back in you should do it immediately. I think the capacity was increased for additional oil cooling.
Thanks. I put 8 in until I realized how much came out. I added 2.5. I did not get or did not notice a paper supplement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
My book only says 8 qt. Been told by posters here it's 10.5 or so. Never saw a Ram update and they never sent me anything in print to say their original book was wrong.

I wrote in my book and crossed out the old 8 qt. printing.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Just read that supplement. Darn thing still said 8 qts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine said 8 in the book but a little yellow supplement said 10.5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts